Author Topic: Marijuana Users in Red States Might Be Getting Some Good News Soon  (Read 301 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marijuana Users in Red States Might Be Getting Some Good News Soon
By Jeff Charles | May 10, 2021 4:30 PM ET

Conservative states are finally moving closer to the legalization of marijuana. As more states pass legislation decriminalizing or fully legalizing the plant for recreational use, red states have been the primary holdouts.

However, recent indications suggest that attitudes toward pot are softening among conservative Americans and Republican politicians. According to a Politico report published on Sunday:

Medical marijuana bills are advancing in the Republican-controlled legislatures of North Carolina, Alabama, and Kansas for the first time. Efforts to expand limited medical programs in bedrock conservative states like Texas and Louisiana also appear close to passage.

Heather Fazio, a Texas-based pro-marijuana advocate, said:

Medical cannabis is where we see the most common ground between Democrats, Republicans and Independents.

more
https://redstate.com/jeffc/2021/05/10/marijuana-users-in-red-states-might-be-getting-some-good-news-soon-n377697
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

Re: Marijuana Users in Red States Might Be Getting Some Good News Soon
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 09:52:53 pm »
Paging @corbe

Offline Kamaji

Re: Marijuana Users in Red States Might Be Getting Some Good News Soon
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 10:00:47 pm »
As long as I don't have to walk through clouds of it while I'm taking care of my own business, and don't have to worry about pot-impaired drivers mixing in with the alcohol-impaired drivers, I'm ok with it.