State Chapters > Texas

Gov. Abbott gets conservative primary challenge in 2022

<< < (2/2)

Bigun:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on May 10, 2021, 06:38:58 pm ---It's nice to have conservative options.  At least with Abbott I know what I'm getting....love him or hate him.

--- End quote ---

Huffines isn't a pig in a poke either! He has a dammed fine record which anyone can check out for themselves.

And BTW; I'm sick and tired of being lied to as well!

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on May 10, 2021, 06:51:16 pm ---Abbott's response to this winter's freeze did some serious damage to his political capital. 

A year ago, I'd been shocked at a primary challenge.

--- End quote ---
I'll add to that his crazy, unconstitutionally-prolonged Covid lockdowns, and current refusal to follow in the footsteps of the governors of South Carolina, Iowa and South Dakota to refuse any illegals to be settled in their states.

He hired political hacks and lawyers to head up the PUC instead of people who knew something about Utilities, and were primarily focused on getting more renewables into our grid rahter than ensuring grid reliability.  And he never made any admission of his responsibilities on those appointments, instead letting them take the heat off him.

Idiot:

--- Quote from: IsailedawayfromFR on May 11, 2021, 02:44:31 pm ---I'll add to that his crazy, unconstitutionally-prolonged Covid lockdowns, and current refusal to follow in the footsteps of the governors of South Carolina, Iowa and South Dakota to refuse any illegals to be settled in their states.

He hired political hacks and lawyers to head up the PUC instead of people who knew something about Utilities, and were primarily focused on getting more renewables into our grid rahter than ensuring grid reliability.  And he never made any admission of his responsibilities on those appointments, instead letting them take the heat off him.

--- End quote ---
I'm not defending him....but with COVID...I don't think anyone knew what to do.  No one is perfect.....especially a politician.

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on May 11, 2021, 05:46:38 pm ---I'm not defending him....but with COVID...I don't think anyone knew what to do.  No one is perfect.....especially a politician.

--- End quote ---
one thing you don't do is to defy the law and act like a dictator.

There is a reason why we fought as a nation and as a state for freedom.

MajorClay:

--- Quote from: Bigun on May 10, 2021, 08:13:50 pm ---Huffines isn't a pig in a poke either! He has a dammed fine record which anyone can check out for themselves.

And BTW; I'm sick and tired of being lied to as well!

--- End quote ---

He was my State Senator.
He has a lot of courage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version