Author Topic: Gov. Abbott gets conservative primary challenge in 2022  (Read 1006 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gov. Abbott gets conservative primary challenge in 2022

by: Wes Wilson   
Posted: May 10, 2021 / 09:55 AM CDT   / Updated: May 10, 2021 / 09:56 AM CDT   

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A former Texas state senator announced Monday he will challenge Gov. Greg Abbott for the Republican nomination for governor in 2022.

Former Republican Sen. Don Huffines launched his campaign via Twitter Monday morning. He is trying to challenge Abbott from the right. On his website, Huffines calls himself “an actual Republican” and says he will prioritize completion of the southern border wall, pass election laws and eliminate property taxes.

more
https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/gov-abbott-gets-conservative-primary-challenge-in-2022/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

Re: Gov. Abbott gets conservative primary challenge in 2022
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 06:38:58 pm »
More info on Huffines at the links below:

https://index.texastaxpayers.com/legislative-sessions/2017-index/texas-house/

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/biography/147751/don-huffines
It's nice to have conservative options.  At least with Abbott I know what I'm getting....love him or hate him.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 06:51:16 pm »
Abbott's response to this winter's freeze did some serious damage to his political capital. 

A year ago, I'd been shocked at a primary challenge.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 08:11:31 pm »
Abbott's response to this winter's freeze did some serious damage to his political capital. 

Not to mention his actions in this COVID mess!  Which is what REALLY damaged his brand IMHO.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 08:13:50 pm »
It's nice to have conservative options.  At least with Abbott I know what I'm getting....love him or hate him.

Huffines isn't a pig in a poke either! He has a dammed fine record which anyone can check out for themselves.

And BTW; I'm sick and tired of being lied to as well!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:15:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 02:44:31 pm »

I'll add to that his crazy, unconstitutionally-prolonged Covid lockdowns, and current refusal to follow in the footsteps of the governors of South Carolina, Iowa and South Dakota to refuse any illegals to be settled in their states.

He hired political hacks and lawyers to head up the PUC instead of people who knew something about Utilities, and were primarily focused on getting more renewables into our grid rahter than ensuring grid reliability.  And he never made any admission of his responsibilities on those appointments, instead letting them take the heat off him.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 05:46:38 pm »
I'll add to that his crazy, unconstitutionally-prolonged Covid lockdowns, and current refusal to follow in the footsteps of the governors of South Carolina, Iowa and South Dakota to refuse any illegals to be settled in their states.

He hired political hacks and lawyers to head up the PUC instead of people who knew something about Utilities, and were primarily focused on getting more renewables into our grid rahter than ensuring grid reliability.  And he never made any admission of his responsibilities on those appointments, instead letting them take the heat off him.
I'm not defending him....but with COVID...I don't think anyone knew what to do.  No one is perfect.....especially a politician.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 08:00:10 pm »
I'm not defending him....but with COVID...I don't think anyone knew what to do.  No one is perfect.....especially a politician.
one thing you don't do is to defy the law and act like a dictator.

There is a reason why we fought as a nation and as a state for freedom.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 08:15:55 pm »
Huffines isn't a pig in a poke either! He has a dammed fine record which anyone can check out for themselves.

And BTW; I'm sick and tired of being lied to as well!

He was my State Senator.
He has a lot of courage.