General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Electric vehicles cheaper than combustion by 2027, study predicts

<< < (47/48) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: DB on May 16, 2021, 12:25:12 am ---I too only have a GED and did not go to college at all. I was hired as a engineering tech at a large Sunnyvale microwave (and RF and digital) communications equipment manufacturer in the early 80's. I was promoted to junior design engineer and then senior design engineer after about 2 or 3 years. Can't really remember when anymore... I had a hard time getting through the door on the initial hiring as an engineering tech due to the HR department. But once I was finally hired I had no problems moving forward. After about 5 years of that I did consulting for several years and then started my own satellite communications company designing and selling satellite modems (and other related equipment) all over the world. I also hold patents on communications tech.

--- End quote ---

@DB

I once made a whiskey still and and a bong.

May not SEEM all that impressive,but I was VERY happy with the performance of both.

Not to mention several Harley choppers.

Or at least I think I was. Which when you think about it,is the same thing.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 15, 2021, 05:43:08 pm ---Castles have catacombs.

--- End quote ---
Let the donkeys pack 'em off--- @roamer_1 , rednecks have pigpens too... :whistle:

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 16, 2021, 01:41:33 am ---Let the donkeys pack 'em off--- @roamer_1 , rednecks have pigpens too... :whistle:

--- End quote ---

:yowsa:

Joe Wooten:

--- Quote from: thackney on May 15, 2021, 05:23:55 pm ---I probably wouldn't be an engineer if I could communicate effectively.  Absolutely adore using drawings to communicate.  I frequently leave out words that would have help describe...

I really try to reread and understand what I left out, but the voices in my head just fill in the blanks automatically...

--- End quote ---

:beer:

That is why unless it is another engineer, I am almost worthless as a teacher.

Joe Wooten:

--- Quote from: DB on May 15, 2021, 06:56:32 pm ---But...

It is also the engineer's job to determine if there's a violation of the laws of physics and to cut it off before too many resources are wasted on it. Something can look great until those pesky little nitty gritty details start emerging showing otherwise. It is real easy to ignore some "little" detail that no one has an answer for and keep going with the project with plans to address it later only to find out it can't be solved later with what was already done... Those are the things that should be done first. You have to resolve the unknowns first or at least know that they are solvable with certainty on the path you are taking.

--- End quote ---

In the nuke world, we have an acronym for that - LOPA - Loss of Physics Accident......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version