Author Topic: Michelle Obama on Chauvin Verdict: Black People Still ‘Worry’ About Walking Their Dogs, Going to the  (Read 680 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michelle Obama on Chauvin Verdict: Black People Still ‘Worry’ About Walking Their Dogs, Going to the Grocery Store

Trent Baker 10 May 2021

Monday on CBS’s “This Morning,” former first lady Michelle Obama commented on the statement she and her husband, former President Barack Obama, released in reaction to the guilty verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial for the death of George Floyd.

Obama told host Gayle King that despite justice being brought in the trial, “there’s still work to be done” because black people still fear what could happen to them while walking their dogs or going to the grocery store.

Partial transcript as follows:

KING: You know, after the Derek Chauvin verdict, you and Barack released a statement that I thought was very powerful. You all felt the need to speak out. You don’t often speak out, the two of you together.
OBAMA: The goal is to let leaders lead, but in certain times, people look to us, what do you think, how do you feel? And we know that while we’re all breathing a sigh of relief over the verdict, there’s still work to be done.
KING: Yes.
OBAMA: And so we can’t sort of say, great, that happened, let’s move on. I know that people in the black community don’t feel that way because … many of us live in fear as we go to the grocery store or worry about —
KING: Walking our dogs.
OBAMA: Walking our dogs, or allowing our children to get a license.

more w/video
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/10/michelle-obama-on-chauvin-verdict-black-people-still-worry-about-walking-their-dogs-going-to-the-grocery-store/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Muslims don't like dogs.  But they eat them. They are part of a Healthy Lunch Program.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

I see whites, blacks, east Asians, Hispanics, and south Asians walking about my neighborhood, with or without dogs, pretty much daily. None look any more worried than the others.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How would she know?

When was the last time she hung out with any black people that didn't have hired dog-walkers?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Not that many Blacks around where I live but I have never once observed either fear or anger from them when they are around.................they must not be BLACK Blacks. The Obamas are master race baiters and attention whores. While Buttboy may be just fine controlling things from behind, clearly the Mooch is feeling jealous with the spotlight on someone else.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What is it with angry black women and grocery stores?  Did Mad Maxine care when she was called out for demanding people attack Republicans at grocery stores?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

I see whites, blacks, east Asians, Hispanics, and south Asians walking about my neighborhood, with or without dogs, pretty much daily. None look any more worried than the others.

I thought a bit farther on this as I was leaving home for work. There are two 30-something (I guess) east Asian couples I frequently see walking about, one with their dog, the other with one or two munchkins. What got me thinking was that as I was getting into my car two older east Asian ladies were walking by, and then a couple of blocks later an elderly east Asian couple were out for a walk. Evidently they are not worried about anti-Asian attacks in our neighborhood ... strange, since the neighborhood is majority-white ( :sarc: ).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought a bit farther on this as I was leaving home for work. There are two 30-something (I guess) east Asian couples I frequently see walking about, one with their dog, the other with one or two munchkins. What got me thinking was that as I was getting into my car two older east Asian ladies were walking by, and then a couple of blocks later an elderly east Asian couple were out for a walk. Evidently they are not worried about anti-Asian attacks in our neighborhood ... strange, since the neighborhood is majority-white ( :sarc: ).

The "ground-level" people know full well of whom they should be worried, and it ain't white people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Has anyone heard this hag also talk about how Asians should worry about racial attacks by blacks?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

If Asians out walking aren't looking over their shoulders for blacks approaching them, they should be.
Almost 100% of all recent attacks I've read in the national news recently involve elderly Asians being attacked by blacks in some case black females.
There was a case in Oakland a month or so ago of a white male attacking an Asian person.
I don't care what color they are, these monsters attacking Asians (or anybody else) should be treated harshly.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If Asians out walking aren't looking over their shoulders for blacks approaching them, they should be.
Almost 100% of all recent attacks I've read in the national news recently involve elderly Asians being attacked by blacks in some case black females.
There was a case in Oakland a month or so ago of a white male attacking an Asian person.
I don't care what color they are, these monsters attacking Asians (or anybody else) should be treated harshly.
It will never stop unless people go to jail.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

How would she know?

When was the last time she hung out with any black people that didn't have hired dog-walkers?
As Candace Owens said on Tucker Carson's show last night, these narcissists are surrounded by Secret service and flunkies 24/7. They probably haven't even touched their own door handle in years.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The last time The Mooch walked her dogs was on the 32nd of Never. She has flunkies do this for her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

The last time The Mooch walked her dogs was on the 32nd of Never. She has flunkies do this for her.

IIRC, the OhBummer!s never had a dog until while in the WH they decided they needed a canine prop.

Online Hoodat

My neighborhood is majority-American.  I speak to everyone I pass when out walking, but have yet to see anyone worried about walking their dogs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I thought shooting the dogs was a federal agency thing (FBI, BATF, etc.).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Michelle is on a "Malarkey" tour, evidently.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Michelle is on a "Malarkey" tour, evidently.
Just trying to be/stay relevant.... *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis