Author Topic: ‘I have a baby myself’: Hero cop recalls dash with wounded Times Square girl  (Read 303 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I have a baby myself’: Hero cop recalls dash with wounded Times Square girl
Officer Alyssa Vogel offered words of comfort Sunday to Skye Martinez’s mother
By Tyson Smith, Tina Moore, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon | New York Post

The hero NYPD cop caught on video clutching the 4-year-old girl wounded in the Times Square shooting shared a Mother’s Day message to the tot’s mom: "She’ll be OK."

Officer Alyssa Vogel offered words of comfort Sunday to Skye Martinez’s mother — a day after the woman watched her baby take a bullet to the leg during a visit to the tourist mecca.

"Keep your head up," Vogel told The Post when asked if she had a message for the injured tot’s mom. "The little girl’s going to be able to walk again. She’ll be OK."

The fast-acting officer — a mom to a 6-month-old boy herself — recalled trying to reassure Skye’s mother in the moments after the shooting late Saturday afternoon.

"I kept telling her to breathe, that I know what she’s going through because I have a baby myself," said Vogel. "It was very difficult for her, very traumatic. She saw her daughter just get shot."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/i-have-a-baby-myself-hero-cop-recalls-dash-with-wounded-times-square-girl
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34