Author Topic: Man In Confederate Flag Shirt Pulls Over On Freeway To Help Black Man Change His Tire  (Read 1131 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Man In Confederate Flag Shirt Pulls Over On Freeway To Help Black Man Change His Tire

May 6, 2018

One thing we've learned during this past election cycle, is that most of the stereotypes we have about people have been planted in our minds by the mass media.

On May 2, a Twitter user named "Channnn" posted photos of a stranger helping her father change his tire after it blew out on the freeway.

"So my dad's tire blew up on the freeway and this dude, with a confederate flag tattoo, wearing a confederate flag t-shirt, with confederate flag car stickers, stopped and changed our tire. My mind is blown, don't judge a book by its cover y'all."

The truth is, most people are good.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think it happened 3 years ago. (May 6th 2018)  Before the BLM people chimped out on all the good white folk.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:18:53 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't understand why this would surprise anyone with  2 IQ points to rub together. The Civil War had NOTHING to do with slavery. It was about ending the voluntary union known as the United States,and creating a Mother State with each of the formerly independent states now having a Master.

Thanks to mechanized farm equipment that was just then starting to go on the market,the days of slavery being economically feasible were coming to an end.

Not to mention the FACT that the vast majority of southerners didn't even own slaves.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

No surprise to find a confederate flag on a redneck boy.
No surprise that a redneck would know how to fix a flat.
No surprise that a redneck would be neighborly and help someone else who is down on his luck.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If I might divert a bit, but related......

I had a chance to meet the wonderful Mr. H.K Edgeton several years ago.  This clip is one of many of his, but gives what I feel is his best talk about the demonization of southern culture.  As I have mentioned many times in the past.....   Don't let a few goons in white robes and hoods hijack our flag and our culture.  This is how the left has lied and portrayed us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUw_P6w8Rdw&t=196s
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 03:40:35 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is another non-story unless you always use a racial filter when you look at people.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

I don't understand why this would surprise anyone with  2 IQ points to rub together. The Civil War had NOTHING to do with slavery. It was about ending the voluntary union known as the United States,and creating a Mother State with each of the formerly independent states now having a Master.

Thanks to mechanized farm equipment that was just then starting to go on the market,the days of slavery being economically feasible were coming to an end.

Not to mention the FACT that the vast majority of southerners didn't even own slaves.
"The Civil War had NOTHING to do with slavery."

Read the Confederate state's Ordinances of Secession, and then get back to us.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"The Civil War had NOTHING to do with slavery."

Read the Confederate state's Ordinances of Secession, and then get back to us.

@goatprairie

Place it in it's proper perspective,and then get back with US. VERY few southerners owned slaves. They were just too expensive.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@goatprairie

Place it in it's proper perspective,and then get back with US. VERY few southerners owned slaves. They were just too expensive.

Very expensive.  I understand that a slave cost a few thousand, in 19th Century dollars.  A larger investment than a John Deere tractor today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Very expensive.  I understand that a slave cost a few thousand, in 19th Century dollars.  A larger investment than a John Deere tractor today.

Dang, that was lucky. Doggone near lost a four hundred dollar handcar.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Dang, that was lucky. Doggone near lost a four hundred dollar handcar.

It's notable that movie was set in 1874, and Bart had a lot less value as a "freeman" post-slavery. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

And compare the work a typical tractor or specialized piece of farm machinery of today can do compared to 100 slaves,and slavery loses.

I remember reading it was the invention of the Cotton Gin that killed slavery as an economic possibility.

For one thing,when it's not the season to plant,pick,or plow,farm machinery doesn't have to eat,seek medical care,etc,etc,etc. You just park it under cover,and forget about it until next season. You can't do that with people.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I remember reading it was the invention of the Cotton Gin that killed slavery as an economic possibility.

And I've heard the exact opposite, that Eli Whitney's invention saved slavery, because combing out the bolls was so labor intensive that tons of slaves could not keep up with demand.

I think yours is much more likely.

BTW, Whitney's other brainchild often gets forgotten:  Interchangeable Parts revolutionized the musket industry.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

And I've heard the exact opposite, that Eli Whitney's invention saved slavery, because combing out the bolls was so labor intensive that tons of slaves could not keep up with demand.

BTW, Whitney's other brainchild often gets forgotten:  Interchangeable Parts revolutionized the musket industry.

Since the Cotton Gin was invented in 1793 and was in widespread use before the Civil War, I do not see how it could have been a cause to end slavery.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@Cyber Liberty

And compare the work a typical tractor or specialized piece of farm machinery of today can do compared to 100 slaves,and slavery loses.

For one thing,when it's not the season to plant,pick,or plow,farm machinery doesn't have to eat,seek medical care,etc,etc,etc. You just park it under cover,and forget about it until next season. You can't do that with people.

Sorry, but in fact the Cotton Gin revived the economics of slavery.  Whitney's invention dramatically increased the rate at which seeds could be removed from cotton, allowing the plantation south to produce far more cotton, which was still labor-intensive in the field.  Consequently the demand for field labor went up dramatically and plantation slavery reached an unprecedented scale in American history.

I've often seen it argued that technology was on the verge of eliminating slavery but I find that hard to accept, given that share-cropping continued for several generations after the 13th Amendment.  One can argue that the planter no longer bore the field hands' cost of living under share-cropping, so it persisted for years longer than slavery could have; but the argument for technology is about the direct cost of production via machinery or via human labor, and human labor persisted for several more generations.
James 1:20

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

I had never heard about that "invention" by Whitley,but I can see how it would have that effect.

Offline Wingnut

@Cyber Liberty

I had never heard about that "invention" by Whitley,but I can see how it would have that effect.

He invented Gin.  Drink enough of it and you will be cotton picken....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He invented Gin.  Drink enough of it and you will be cotton picken....

@Wingnut

Are you sure of that? Gin has been around for a Loooong time.