Author Topic: McCarthy says he supports Stefanik for House GOP conference chair  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy says he supports Stefanik for House GOP conference chair
By John Bowden - 05/09/21 12:59 PM EDT

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) signaled on Sunday his support for Rep. Elise Stefanik's (R-N.Y.) bid to replace Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) as the House Republican Conference chair.

Speaking with Fox News' Maria Bartiromo on "Sunday Morning Futures," McCarthy drew a distinction between Cheney being ousted from the party and removed from the party's leadership, contending that the decision House Republicans appear poised to make resulted from Cheney diverging from messaging.

"Do you support Elise Stefanik for that job?" Bartiromo asked McCarthy.

"Yes, I do," the California Republican responded.

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/552533-mccarthy-says-he-supports-stefanik-for-house-gop-conference-chair
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: McCarthy says he supports Stefanik for House GOP conference chair
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 08:18:53 pm »
If McCarthy likes her, then she's off my list.  I oppose Stefanik for Leadership.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 08:49:24 pm »
If McCarthy likes her, then she's off my list.  I oppose Stefanik for Leadership.

No disrespect of our friends from New York, but I haven't seen a trustworthy NY Congresscritter in years.

Same could be said for most of the Pubbie Congresscritters fwiw. Kevin McCarthy is at the top of that list.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 10:18:24 pm »
Ms. Stefanik is from upstate New York, so don't expect her to be a "crimson red" Republican.

But having said that, I'm for ANYONE who will knock Cheney from that spot.

How many folks here (internet memories are short) remember "Anyone but [Tom] Foley" ???

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 11:40:37 pm »

I tend to agree with you. McCarthy isn't exactly one of my favorites.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 12:16:59 am »
McCarthy says he supports Stefanik for House GOP conference chair

Just another glaring admission that McCarthy isn't a Conservative.  Can we please have Jim Jordan, take his place?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 01:37:03 am »
You should be opposing her for what she has done, rather than McCarthy's support.

How about siding with the Dems against Trump's tax cuts, LGTBQ anti-discrimination, and to stop Trump from withdrawing from the Paris Accord.  These are all big things.

She was one of the weakest GOP members to support Trump's agenda during the past two years of his Presidency.

This is the hallmark of a moderate who wants GOP leadership positions, not a conservative.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/05/05/the-evolution-of-elise-stefanik/
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 12:51:41 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington