Author Topic: Hogan: Bothers Me Republicans Have to ‘Swear Fealty to the Dear Leader’ Trump or ‘Get Kicked Out’  (Read 692 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hogan: Bothers Me Republicans Have to ‘Swear Fealty to the Dear Leader’ Trump or ‘Get Kicked Out’

Pam Key 9 May 2021

Governor Larry Hogan (R-MD) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that it bothered him his fellow Republicans were making loyalty to former President Donald Trump a litmus test for members of the party.

When asked about Rep Liz Cheney (R-WY) possibly being ousted from leadership for disagreeing that the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump, Hogan said, “Look, I think we’ve got to get back to winning elections. We have to be able to have a Republican Party that appeals to a broader group of people. We have to get back to having a bigger tent, as Reagan talked about. Look, we’ve had the worst four years ever in the Republican Party, losing the White House, the House of Representatives, and the Senate. Successful politics is about addition and multiplication, not subtraction.”

He continued, “I think they’re concerned about retaliation from the president. They’re concerned about being attacked within the party. It just bothers me that you have to swear fealty to the dear leader or get kicked out of the party. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Hogan added, “It’s sort of a circular firing squad where we’re just attacking members of our own party instead of focusing on solving problems or standing up and having an argument that we can debate the Democrats on some of the things the Biden administration is pushing through.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/09/hogan-bothers-me-republicans-have-to-swear-fealty-to-the-dear-leader-trump-or-get-kicked-out/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
RINOs gonna RINO.  Nobody I know is asking for "fealty to Trump."  The demand is "obey the Constitution."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

RINOs gonna RINO.  Nobody I know is asking for "fealty to Trump."  The demand is "obey the Constitution."
Many of the staunchest conservatives I know would gladly and honestly state their only loyalty is to the country and its Constitution, irrespective of their level of enthusiasm for Pres. Trump. RINOs can't  comprehend putting country before party, because they believe their party is just fine.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I don't swear (in the sense of alliance) to anyone but Jesus, and I let him down daily. We as conservatives know the weakness of the flesh/soul of humans, so we should not hold anyone as infaultable. Not Trump, not Cruz, not even my Roy Moore. That said, we are to judge rightly (not on rumors driven without foundation of proof) and try to pick the best we possibly can, even if that means "none of the above".  Plant you center of gravity on conservative Christian values, and if anyone has a problem with it, it is their problem, not yours.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Many of the staunchest conservatives I know would gladly and honestly state their only loyalty is to the country and its Constitution, irrespective of their level of enthusiasm for Pres. Trump. RINOs can't  comprehend putting country before party, because they believe their party is just fine.

And I deal with RINOs in gummint almost every day, in my recently acquired gig.  It nauseates me the way they use our Party to attack and demean conservatives.

My best friend in town who is not my wife scheduled Mark Byrnovich (Arizona's AG) to deliver the Keynote at our Lincoln Day Dinner fundraiser, and I was against it.  I reminded her that while I love her dearly as my friend, I intend to use my position as Vice Chairman of the County GOP to ensure we won't ever have another RINO address our townspeople, especially before a fundraiser. 

As it was, Byrnovich arrived late to the dinner, spoke early and fled the hall before anybody could challenge him for his malfeasance following the rigged election in Maricopa and Pima Counties.  Even my friend shook her head at his behavior.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

You hear RINOs mewling about this more and more lately

It never occurs to these dummies that perhaps if they would listen to their voters, at long last, they would incur the same kind of loyalty?

Loyalty is earned, dumbasses. It no longer just comes with the R.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't swear (in the sense of alliance) to anyone but Jesus, and I let him down daily. We as conservatives know the weakness of the flesh/soul of humans, so we should not hold anyone as infaultable. Not Trump, not Cruz, not even my Roy Moore. That said, we are to judge rightly (not on rumors driven without foundation of proof) and try to pick the best we possibly can, even if that means "none of the above".  Plant you center of gravity on conservative Christian values, and if anyone has a problem with it, it is their problem, not yours.

My point would be that Hogan utters banalities about non-existent demands to "Kneel Before Zod" when he whines about "fealty to Trump."  Conservatives are mostly God-fearing people who would never kneel to anybody but Christ.  You and I may have had some differences of opinions on things, but there's no daylight between us on the subject of kneeling.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

When asked about Rep Liz Cheney (R-WY) possibly being ousted from leadership for disagreeing that the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump

Uh, no.  Cheney is being ousted from leadership for voting in favor of a sham impeachment.  It has nothing at all to do with the election.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Quote:
Hogan: Bothers Me Republicans Have to ‘Swear Fealty to the Dear Leader’ Trump or ‘Get Kicked Out’

That is what Adolf Hitler demanded, this is a masked attempt to say Trump hitler.  Remember it is the democrats that lock-step and demand changes in government that Hitler demanded and got, same as the democrats demand now.  Just more blame democrats opposition for what democrats really are, the ole blame shift to try to hide behind facade accusations.  For all the betrayal Trump had to endure, in every direction, its still the democrats that do the purges and moraless manipulations without conscience.  Democrats lock-step and for decades, they want Trump to be to blame for what democrats really are.  Democrats are quite envious and jealous of the popularity Trump has achieved, democrats can't understand why being dirt bags/traitors doesn't get the respect they want and demand.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Uh, no.  Cheney is being ousted from leadership for voting in favor of a sham impeachment.  It has nothing at all to do with the election.

It's noteworthy every "fact" cited in the hasty Impeachment was proven false in the fullness of time.

Trump did not tell people to riot and attack the Capitol.  He was still speaking 20 minutes after rioters entered the Capitol.
Trump did not demand the GA SoS Riff-Raffensberger "find" Trump votes.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Night Hides Not

Hogan is one of the favored Republicans on the Sunday talk shows. Larry, I have some news for you: I know of no one who has sworn fealty to Trump. Yes, I voted for him last November, because the alternative was unfathomable, and Biden's proving he's dangerous for this Country and the Constitution.

Sure, a lot of politicians want to kiss Trump's butt, but that's the life of a politician, i.e. keeping yourself viable for the next election.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Which might be a forgivable offense if not for the steadfast stream of self-righteous attacks on other Republicans that have followed. For an inherently partisan position, she should have known better.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As for Hogan... he's about as "conservative" as Doug Ford in Ontario. Both are among the most ardent Lockdown Annies on the right, with a lust for government power as strong as Newsom, Cuomo or Whitmer.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Which might be a forgivable offense if not for the steadfast stream of self-righteous attacks on other Republicans that have followed. For an inherently partisan position, she should have known better.

She whines, "What?  I can't speak my mind?  I have freedom of speech!!" 

Well, when you accept a leadership position, you can't do that because people hear the Office speaking, not the Person.  There's a reason publications use the disclaimer "The views are of the author and do not reflect the views of the paper."  Politicians have no such dodge.  You say it, you and your office own it.
I will NOT comply.