Author Topic: ‘Things Have Shifted Dramatically’: Conservative Hispanic Leaders Explain Why Texas Voters Are Shift  (Read 1672 times)

Offline bilo

A lot of my early friends are of Mexican heritage as the high school was almost 50% Hispanic.

Large families, hard workers and good values, for the most part.

Unlike blacks, they do not sit on their ass collecting welfare checks.

Not true. Black citizens have seen the destruction of the family structure with apprx., 75% of their children being born outside of marriage and raised in single parent homes. Hispanic citizens are not that far behind with apprx., 50% of their children born outside of marriage and White citizens are at apprx., 25%. The higher the % the greater the need for assistance.

I have had great experiences with Hispanic friends and neighbors as well as Black friends and neighbors. The reason we get along so well is we share the same core values. We've stayed married, been responsible for our children and tried to be good neighbors. If some of those values were missing I would not be associating with them. My point being it's not the immutable characteristics of the individual it's the value system they live by and as the % increases of Hispanic citizens that allow the family structure to decline a corresponding rise in dependency will grow.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

@bilo

I think this is true mostly of the current generation,and I attribute most of this to the fact most of them came here illegally and pretty much raised themselves in the streets. They have no loyalty to America,Mexico,or anywhere else. They are basically wild animals that grew up without direction.

I think you are right. The drug trade contributed to this, decline of a family structure, school systems that no longer teach American Exceptionalism or push assimilation. IOW, it's not going to be easy to fix this.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All the Hispanics/Mexicans I know do not like abortion, transgender, homosexual normality, communist BLM, or any of all the perverted crap coming from the Democrats.

Sí se puede! Los venceremos! Vamos a salir victoriosos!!

@240B @Fishrrman

240B,I suspect you are confusing the new immmigrants who came here for all the "free stuff" with 2nd and 3rd generation His and Her Panics. They just ain't the same people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GrouchoTex

This shift was started back when GWB was running for Governor.
They figured out the the Hispanic/Latino community were big on hard work, faith and family, not having the government in their faces, and actively courted them.
A large percentage (in Texas, anyway) are also veterans.

The thought was if you could start to peel off a few percentage points here and there, away from the left, it may create a groundswell.
Heck, any vote taken away from the left is welcome news.
Having Ninfa Laurenzo's endorsement didn't hurt.

It is paying off, in spite of what number being roughly 40%.
Go back past 20-30 years ago and beyond and you'll see that the numbers were lower than that.

I dunno, maybe just me.
Heck, the whole country (and later, state) was started by people from Mexico, Tennessee, Germany, and Czechoslovakia, with a few miscreants thrown in.

Just all part on what makes Texas.....Texas.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:31:13 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline MajorClay

MajorClay wrote:
"Believe it, its true."

No.
I don't believe it.

There is no "magic dust" that converts Hispanics from their general mindset when they cross the border and enter Texas.

I did some quick searching on the 2020 election and found these results:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2020/exit-polls/texas-exit-polls/

Scrolling down, it looks like biden beat Mr. Trump with the Hispanic vote to the tune of 58-41%.

That means that for every two Hispanic voters for the Republicans, there are THREE Hispanics who are voting for the democrat-communists in Texas.

Those are NOT numbers you embrace if you want to win.

And I contend that with the current flood of illegals into TX, which the communists will shower with "free stuff", will increasingly lean to the left, carrying over after they're eventually amnesty'ed into voters.

And look at the demographics -- the number of Euro-white babies being born in Texas, vis-a-vis the number of babies being born to Hispanics, both legal and illegal.

These numbers don't portend well for the future.
I wish things were different, that Texas would remain a bulwark against the creeping but constant shift to the left, but I don't see that happening.

It's happened in Georgia already.
I believe that Mississippi looks to be getting dicey (the white proportion of the population vis-a-vis the black cohort has dropped significantly).
And Texas is in their sights, too.

Zapata County