Author Topic: Cicada Brood X will have a comeback 17 years in the making. Here's what to know  (Read 251 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cicada Brood X will have a comeback 17 years in the making. Here's what to know
by Haley Victory Smith, Breaking News Reporter |
 | May 08, 2021 09:00 AM

Trillions of cicadas will soon emerge after 17 years underground throughout the United States.

The insects will come out within the next few days to two weeks, but don't panic — cicadas aren't dangerous to humans.

They mainly damage young trees, which can be netted to keep the pests away, said Gene Kritsky, an entomologist at Mount St. Joseph University.

They don't bite humans, Elizabeth Barnes, an exotic forest pest educator at Purdue University, told the Des Moines Register.

In small quantities, ingestion of the bugs will not be harmful to pets, but large quantities could make them vomit, she added.

The insects will likely appear in 15 states, from Indiana to Georgia to New York. An application called Cicada Safari will allow people to map sightings of the bug.

The brood will first emerge and make its way up trees to mate.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cicada-brood-x-what-to-know
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

One of the very positive reasons to move to the Rockies. I have not endured a cicada swarm since '74. I endured one in my yoot, and not a single one since.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Will some vegan Gaia worshiper come up with a plan to collect millions of Cicada to season, toast and market to all the other Gaia worshipers? Or will it be a normal, sane individual taking advantage of the abnormal, insane Gaia worshipers?