Author Topic: World Migratory Bird Day on 8 May Set to Inspire a Global Chorus for Birds and Nature  (Read 663 times)

Online libertybele

Very cool.  I had no idea that there was a Word Bird day.  I really love birds and need to get a new feeder in back.  Hubby just put up a squirrel baffle.  The cute squirrels still are able to feed on the ground, but so far the baffle is keeping out the pesky rodents.  The blue heron has only been back once briefly about 2 weeks ago.  The bright green parrots have only visited once.

World Migratory Bird Day on 8 May Set to Inspire a Global Chorus for Birds and Nature

On Saturday, 8 May people all over the world will be celebrating World Migratory Bird Day, a global campaign which aims to raise awareness of migratory birds and the need for international cooperation to conserve them.......

https://www.worldmigratorybirdday.org/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Close to 300 bird species have been observed on Sanibel-Captiva. 

The Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation has launched a list of 298 bird species that have been observed on the barrier islands.

The list was launched to mark the passing of World Migratory Bird Day, which is Saturday, May 8.

The list has been developed and vetted by local birders and ornithologists and builds on a list published in 2013 by the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge............

https://www.winknews.com/2021/05/08/close-to-300-bird-species-have-been-observed-on-sanibel-captiva-how-many-have-you-seen/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope you all gave someone "the bird" yesterday.

I generally start out each day by "throwing the bird" in the general direction of Washington,DC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I hope you all gave someone "the bird" yesterday.

I generally start out each day by "throwing the bird" in the general direction of Washington,DC.
Well, I was driving so......... :whistle: