General Category > National/Breaking News

Cyber attack shuts down largest US gasoline pipeline – 45% of east coast and southern regions

<< < (16/17) > >>

roamer_1:
Well there's some IT guys that will never work again...  :whistle:

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on May 19, 2021, 06:29:50 pm ---Well there's some IT guys that will never work again...  :whistle:

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't bet on that.  The government is always hiring.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on May 19, 2021, 06:31:21 pm ---I wouldn't bet on that.  The government is always hiring.

--- End quote ---

LOL! yeah.   :beer:

Sled Dog:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on May 19, 2021, 06:24:19 pm ---Glenn Beck said this morning it was $90 million.

--- End quote ---

Why would they shut down the Other Left Coast of the country and demand a measley 4.4 million?  They pay the same price in prison time if caught, no matter what the extortion amount is.

So I never believed the ridiculous numbers being bandied about.   $90 megabucks makes more sense.

thackney:

--- Quote from: Sled Dog on May 19, 2021, 08:09:50 pm ---Why would they shut down the Other Left Coast of the country and demand a measley 4.4 million?  They pay the same price in prison time if caught, no matter what the extortion amount is.

So I never believed the ridiculous numbers being bandied about.   $90 megabucks makes more sense.

--- End quote ---

The hackers did not shutdown the pipeline, the company did.  The hackers tied up some systems like the accounting system that tracked what was delivered for billing.  The pipeline was quickly shutdown by the company after that.  The hackers said they never believed the company would shut down the pipeline.

Shutting down the pipeline drew WAY more attention than the hackers ever wanted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version