Author Topic: Cyber attack shuts down largest US gasoline pipeline – 45% of east coast and southern regions  (Read 4904 times)

Offline roamer_1

Well there's some IT guys that will never work again...  :whistle:

Offline Hoodat

Well there's some IT guys that will never work again...  :whistle:

I wouldn't bet on that.  The government is always hiring.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I wouldn't bet on that.  The government is always hiring.

LOL! yeah.   :beer:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Glenn Beck said this morning it was $90 million.

Why would they shut down the Other Left Coast of the country and demand a measley 4.4 million?  They pay the same price in prison time if caught, no matter what the extortion amount is.

So I never believed the ridiculous numbers being bandied about.   $90 megabucks makes more sense.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline thackney

Why would they shut down the Other Left Coast of the country and demand a measley 4.4 million?  They pay the same price in prison time if caught, no matter what the extortion amount is.

So I never believed the ridiculous numbers being bandied about.   $90 megabucks makes more sense.

The hackers did not shutdown the pipeline, the company did.  The hackers tied up some systems like the accounting system that tracked what was delivered for billing.  The pipeline was quickly shutdown by the company after that.  The hackers said they never believed the company would shut down the pipeline.

Shutting down the pipeline drew WAY more attention than the hackers ever wanted.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What I don't understand is this, these guys are terrorists, why don't we have a team of hacker whackers? Hunt them down and disappear them.

Offline libertybele

What I don't understand is this, these guys are terrorists, why don't we have a team of hacker whackers? Hunt them down and disappear them.

Because terrorists are allowed to do what they want as long as it disrupts our lives and helps to destroy our economy.  They will continue to be allowed to do so.

Random acts of terrorism continue to be allowed by our very liberal marxist govt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

The hackers did not shutdown the pipeline, the company did.  The hackers tied up some systems like the accounting system that tracked what was delivered for billing.  The pipeline was quickly shutdown by the company after that.  The hackers said they never believed the company would shut down the pipeline.

Shutting down the pipeline drew WAY more attention than the hackers ever wanted.

A wee correction: Darkside is the creator/distributor of the hackware - They were not the doer, their client was.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Because terrorists are allowed to do what they want as long as it disrupts our lives and helps to destroy our economy.  They will continue to be allowed to do so.

Random acts of terrorism continue to be allowed by our very liberal marxist govt.

Yeah, we noticed the number of terrorist attacks on the US vanished to near zero when we had a president.

As soon as we had a Democrat, Instant Terrorism, Everywhere.

Not a coincidence.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.