General Category > National/Breaking News

Cyber attack shuts down largest US gasoline pipeline – 45% of east coast and southern regions

<< < (3/17) > >>

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on May 09, 2021, 07:12:31 pm ---Preach it, brother.  Preach it.  As an automation guy, it galls me to no end when a customer connects a control system to their own business network.  An OPC server is the only thing anyone on the outside needs to see.

--- End quote ---

If everyone knew how easy it was to get system level permissions on a windows box they would quail in fear. Locks and passwords do no more than keep honest people honest.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 09, 2021, 07:10:55 pm ---@Hoodat

It's taken some years, but I am a force to be reckoned with.   :patriot:

--- End quote ---

@Cyber Liberty

I understand that monitoring your diet and avoiding food like beans,collard greens,etc,etc,etc can be a big help with that sort of problem.

Just sayin..........

thackney:
US passes emergency waiver over fuel pipeline cyber-attack
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57050690

The Colonial Pipeline carries 2.5 million barrels a day - 45% of the East Coast's supply of diesel, gasoline and jet fuel.

It was completely knocked offline by a cyber-criminal gang on Friday and work to restore service is continuing.

The emergency status relaxes rules on fuel being transported by road.

It means drivers in 18 states can work extra or more flexible hours when transporting refined petroleum products....

IsailedawayfromFR:
Biden is anti-pipeline after killing Keystone XL.

This is just another pipeline shutdown that must be pleasing to him.

However, it might be a wake-up call for people to realize what he is doing.

The_Reader_David:
One of the interesting things about this story is that the American media (not just "mainstream", but Breitbart as well) didn't notice until this morning and aren't covering it as a top story.  This was on BBC on Saturday when the breach occurred.  It is the Beeb's top story on their website now.  By contrast, while the NYTimes now has it on the first page of their website, but it is "below the fold"-- you have to scroll down to see it-- and as a very small headline.  Likewise CNN (though their type-face for the headline, which doesn't tell it was a cyber-attack, just a pipeline shutdown, makes it more noticeable).  And, zero mention on the LA Times website's front page.

I'm afraid if you actually want American news these days, you really have to read the foreign press.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version