General Category > National/Breaking News

Cyber attack shuts down largest US gasoline pipeline – 45% of east coast and southern regions

(1/17) > >>

Elderberry:
American Military News by Ryan Morgan   May 08, 2021

Cyber attack shuts down largest US gasoline pipeline – 45% of east coast and southern regions

On Friday night, the largest U.S. gas pipeline announced it had halted its operations after it discovered it was targeted in a cyber attack. The pipeline provides about 45 percent of the fuel supply along the east coast and southern United States.

In a company statement Friday night, Colonial Pipeline said, “On May 7, the Colonial Pipeline Company learned it was the victim of a cybersecurity attack. In response, we proactively took certain systems offline to contain the threat, which has temporarily halted all pipeline operations, and affected some of our IT systems.”

According to Bloomberg, Colonial Pipeline operates the largest gasoline and diesel pipeline system in the U.S.

CNBC reported the company transports 2.5 million barrels of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and other refined products every day, accounting for about 45 percent of the east coast’s fuel supply. That fuel passes through 5,500 miles of pipelines. The pipeline network moves fuel from U.S. gulf coast refineries to populous areas along the eastern and southern United States.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/05/cyber-attack-shuts-down-largest-us-gasoline-pipeline-45-of-east-coast-and-southern-regions/

libertybele:
I just posted an article stating that gas is going to be one of the 5 things that will become difficult to get.

I question whether or not then, that this was by design.  Nope, I don't trust our government. Interesting that the article came out around the same time as this one.

Sled Dog:
The Chinese and the Rodents want the US de-industrialized.   There is no questioning that.

Naturally, effective sources of energy must be disabled, as must be effective means of energy distribution.   Hence the Rodent's permanent war on fossil fuels and vehicles using the same.    Electric cars are so much easier to control.   The Rodents seek to control individual movement.   Hence their constant harping on stupid fast trains and this new fascism of vaccine passports.

Another target is of course the vast unofficial army in the flyover country, hence the Rodents' permanent war on the Second Amendment.  No question what the Rodents seek there.  They seek sheep.

Thirdly, the Rodents seek to rule the minds of their sheep, hence their destruction of the schools.

The Rodents want to turn the US into what China is, without the wet markets.   

roamer_1:
This is bound to happen. And the main fault  is in the automation - I get it. I use back doors, and can govern my own stuff from anywhere. I understand the convenience and efficiency.

But critical systems NEED to have an air-gapped, even manual control. When the automated control systems get taken over, there ALWAYS need to be a way to get in the truck drive over there, and do it the old way. The whole thing needs to run entirely without computerization. Then it is convenient and still bulletproof.

thackney:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on May 09, 2021, 06:34:01 am ---This is bound to happen. And the main fault  is in the automation - I get it. I use back doors, and can govern my own stuff from anywhere. I understand the convenience and efficiency.

But critical systems NEED to have an air-gapped, even manual control. When the automated control systems get taken over, there ALWAYS need to be a way to get in the truck drive over there, and do it the old way. The whole thing needs to run entirely without computerization. Then it is convenient and still bulletproof.

--- End quote ---

Yes sir, I understand the idea.  But there will be some level of local computerization.  Pumps this large use programable control relays to lower the risk to personal and equipment.  Having the ability to bypass these are considered too risky for massive faults.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version