Author Topic: Supply chain interrupted: Here's everything you can't get now  (Read 990 times)

Offline libertybele

I wonder if we're going to see gas lines or gas wars like we did years ago?

As for lumber -- that obviously means the cost of homes is going to soar -- the vacant lot next to us has tripled in the past 2 years.  People are rushing to buy whatever they can. I think people are still holding on to property, and it is a very valuable asset to own right now. Land and homes aren't going to get any cheaper and interest rates are going to climb.

Supply chain interrupted: Here's everything you can't get now

Chicken

Chlorine

Computer chips

Gas

Ketchup

Lumber     

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/08/business/supply-chain-shortages-pandemic/index.html           
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Supply chain interrupted: Here's everything you can't get now
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 09:36:31 pm »
Chicken?

https://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=chicken&months=60
Go down to the supermarket and see how much chicken wings per pound are.

Unbelievable.

Went into a wing place the other day and it had a handwritten sign posted where wing prices were 20% more than the menu has them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 09:48:57 pm »
Man the Chicken Chokers must be hard up on this turn of events.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 09:57:30 pm »
My younger brother owned four (4) locations of Pizza...subs...wings in the suburbs of Buffalo, New York for over 40 years (Hamburg, Evans on the Lake (Erie), Tonawanda and East Aurora) called "MAXI'S".

At their peak, he was turning over TWO TONS of chicken wings PER WEEK.  That's FOUR THOUSAND LBS for all our 'guests' from Rio Linda.

But he up and sold every location about 4 years ago to his managers...because of the cost of Mozzarella cheese for his pizzas.  It was impossible to turn a profit without raising the price of a pie by 40%.

He smiled this morning when he heard about this chicken 'shortage'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 11:29:37 pm »
As soon as the pandemic hit, food prices shot up, pork was the first to become scarce, then it was impossible to find chicken and quantities were limited, then beef.

So ... prices continue to rise in general and food prices are ridiculous.

Gee ...and Gates just bought and now owns the most farmland in the country ... just in time, right?

This situation is by design; control the food and you control the masses.

How many will hand over their weapons in exchange for food on their tables?  Just sayin'.

Pre-pandemic we saw the greatest economic expansion in history along with the lowest unemployment rates.  All it took was a purposeful infliction of a virus and a stolen election to destroy it  ... but 'they' want to make sure it is completely destroyed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 11:34:15 pm »
The good news is we have Toilet Paper in the stores.  If we don't have any thing to shit out that will be a plus
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 11:38:36 pm »
The good news is we have Toilet Paper in the stores.  If we don't have any thing to shit out that will be a plus

No worries.  The price of TP and paper towels will continue to skyrocket ... most won't be able to afford either.  Such a deal!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 11:41:37 pm »
That two ply scented stuff doesn’t taste too bad mixed with beef boullion.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 11:48:47 pm »
That two ply scented stuff doesn’t taste too bad mixed with beef boullion.

Good to know, I was thinking more of mixing it in with Ramen noodles.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 11:55:33 pm »
I prefer chicken thighs when I fry chicken...last week I went to 3 stores and no one had them..the butcher at Krogers  didn't know when he would get them in.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 12:00:02 am »
I prefer chicken thighs when I fry chicken...last week I went to 3 stores and no one had them..the butcher at Krogers  didn't know when he would get them in.. :shrug:

Chicken thighs are my favorite and I went last week and there was plenty of chicken and I didn't realize there was a shortage, but they were very low on pork. Beef continues to be scarce.

Frustrating and infuriating!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 12:32:40 am »
Good to know, I was thinking more of mixing it in with Ramen noodles.
Stay away from ramen - too much MSG.

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 12:46:55 am »
...and Gates just bought and now owns the most farmland in the country ...

Gates does not anywhere near most the farmland in the country. 

...O'Keefe calculated that Gates owns at least 242,000 acres of American farmland...

Bill Gates buys big on a farmland shopping spree
https://www.dw.com/en/bill-gates-buys-big-on-a-farmland-shopping-spree/a-57134690

There is ~900 million acres of farmland in the US.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/196104/total-area-of-land-in-farms-in-the-us-since-2000/#:~:text=This%20statistic%20shows%20the%20total,to%20about%20896%20million%20acres.

He owns less than 3 hundreds of 1% of American farmland.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sasywtch

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 12:54:52 am »
My younger brother owned four (4) locations of Pizza...subs...wings in the suburbs of Buffalo, New York for over 40 years (Hamburg, Evans on the Lake (Erie), Tonawanda and East Aurora) called "MAXI'S".

At their peak, he was turning over TWO TONS of chicken wings PER WEEK.  That's FOUR THOUSAND LBS for all our 'guests' from Rio Linda.

But he up and sold every location about 4 years ago to his managers...because of the cost of Mozzarella cheese for his pizzas.  It was impossible to turn a profit without raising the price of a pie by 40%.

He smiled this morning when he heard about this chicken 'shortage'.

Hey, I resemble that remark.  I graduated from Rio Linda High School in 1975 LOL  Yes, most of us enjoyed Rush.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 02:39:15 am »
Hey, I resemble that remark.  I graduated from Rio Linda High School in 1975 LOL  Yes, most of us enjoyed Rush.

happy77  Welcome to TBR!    :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald