Author Topic: The Who’s Roger Daltrey Slams ‘The Woke Generation’: They’re Creating a ‘Miserable World for Themsel  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Alana Mastrangelo7 May 2021

The Who’s Roger Daltrey Slams ‘The Woke Generation’: They’re Creating a ‘Miserable World for Themselves,’ ‘We’ve Seen the Communist System Fail’

Roger Daltrey, the lead singer of the rock band The Who, says it’s “terrifying” to see “the woke generation” creating a “miserable world” for themselves.

“The woke generation — it’s terrifying, the miserable world they’re going to create for themselves,” the rocker said in a recent interview with DJ Zane Lowe on Apple Music.

“I mean, anyone who’s lived a life — and you see what they’re doing — you just know that it’s a route to nowhere, especially when you’ve lived through the periods of a life that we’ve had the privilege to,” Daltrey added. “I mean, we’ve had the golden era. There’s no doubt about that.”

The English rock legend went on to point out the differences between “the woke generation” and generations of the past, noting, “we came out of a war,” and have actually “seen the communist system fail” firsthand.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/05/07/the-whos-roger-daltrey-slams-the-woke-generation-theyre-creating-a-miserable-world-for-themselves-weve-seen-the-communist-system-fail/

@ 32:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ONJ8UuvhU&t=2858s

Online andy58-in-nh

We won't get fooled again.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The best live version of "Won't Get Fooled Again", from Shepperton Studios in 1978, when Keith Moon was still alive. This was used in the documentary "The Kids Are Alright"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfAdHBtK_Q

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
The best live version of "Won't Get Fooled Again", from Shepperton Studios in 1978, when Keith Moon was still alive. This was used in the documentary "The Kids Are Alright"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfAdHBtK_Q

That is one incredible, timeless song.
When Roger Daltrey is the weakest link in a band, you know you have a heck of a band. IMHO
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online andy58-in-nh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfAdHBtK_Q

Greatest anthem by one of the greatest rock bands ever. 

Today's moronic woke idiots would never understand that this was a call not to a fear-inspired uniformity of thought, but to a joyful freedom of human expression. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

IMHO -- The best Who song   "Teenage Wasteland"  (One group I unfortunately didn't get to see).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHxIKa31Jk
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

This was used in the documentary "The Kids Are Alright"

I saw that movie on seven hits of acid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

I saw that movie on seven hits of acid.

Whoa!!  That's quite a lot!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

WE won't.

The moron youts of today will.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

The unfortunate truth is, yes we will. Over and over and over again, as history attests.

The hardest thing to keep is liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
IMHO -- The best Who song   "Teenage Wasteland"  (One group I unfortunately didn't get to see).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHxIKa31Jk

I thought the name of that song was Baba O'Reilly.  :cool:....  Saw them at the Astrodome in 1982.  Mystery of the Monolith from the 1971 Whos's Next Album is in this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-8c5YTlbg
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 07:17:01 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.