Author Topic: The Wokest Place on Earth  (Read 1195 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The Wokest Place on Earth
« on: May 08, 2021, 06:27:56 pm »
The Wokest Place on Earth
Disney mounts an internal campaign against “white privilege” and organizes racially segregated “affinity groups.”
City Journal, May 7, 2021, Christopher F. Rufo

The Walt Disney Corporation famously bills its amusement parks as “the happiest place on Earth,” but inside the company’s headquarters in Burbank, California, a conflict is brewing. In the past year, Disney executives have elevated the ideology of critical race theory into a new corporate dogma, bombarded employees with trainings on “systemic racism,” “white privilege,” “white fragility,” and “white saviors,” and launched racially segregated “affinity groups” at the company’s headquarters.

I have obtained a trove of whistleblower documents related to Disney’s “diversity and inclusion” program, called “Reimagine Tomorrow,” which paints a disturbing picture of the company’s embrace of racial politics. Multiple Disney employees, who requested anonymity out of fear of reprisals, told me that the Reimagine Tomorrow program, though perhaps noble in intent, has become deeply politicized and engulfed parts of the company in racial conflict.

The core of Disney’s racial program is a series of training modules on “antiracism.” In one, called “Allyship for Race Consciousness,” the company tells employees that they must “take ownership of educating [themselves] about structural anti-Black racism” and that they should “not rely on [their] Black colleagues to educate [them],” because it is “emotionally taxing.” The United States, the document claims, has a “long history of systemic racism and transphobia,” and white employees, in particular, must “work through feelings of guilt, shame, and defensiveness to understand what is beneath them and what needs to be healed.” Disney recommends that employees atone by “challeng[ing] colorblind ideologies and rhetoric” such as “All Lives Matter” and “I don’t see color”; they must “listen with empathy [to] Black colleagues” and must “not question or debate Black colleagues’ lived experience.”

In another module, called “What Can I Do About Racism?,” Disney tells employees that they should reject “equality,” with a focus on “equal treatment and access to opportunities,” and instead strive for “equity,” with a focus on “the equality of outcome.” The training also includes a series of lessons on “implicit biases,” “microaggressions,” and “becoming an antiracist.” The company tells employees that they must “reflect” on America’s “racist infrastructure” and “think carefully about whether or not your wealth, income, treatment by the criminal justice system, employment, access to housing, health care, political power, and education might be different if you were of a different race.”

In order to put these ideas into action, Disney sponsored the creation of the “21-Day Racial Equity and Social Justice Challenge” in partnership with the YWCA and included the program in its recommended resources for employees. The challenge begins with information on “systemic racism” and asks participants to accept that they have “all been raised in a society that elevates white culture over others.” Participants then learn about their “white privilege” and are asked to fill out a white privilege “checklist,” with options including: “I am white,” I am heterosexual,” “I am a man,” “I still identity as the gender I was born in,” “I have never been raped,” “I don’t rely on public transportation,” and “I have never been called a terrorist.”

More: https://www.city-journal.org/racial-politics-at-disney

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Wokest Place on Earth
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 06:31:03 pm »
Source documents are included at the end of the article here:  http://christopherrufo.com/the-wokest-place-on-earth/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 06:37:06 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Tucker Carlson & @realchrisrufo Discussing Disney's Embrace Of Wokeness & Documents Obtained By Chris Rufo Showing Disney's Anti-American & Anti-White Training Sessions For Employees

Chris: "This corporation hates you, it hates your culture, and it hates the color of your skin."

Video:

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1390843143143124998

9:37 PM · May 7, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 06:42:10 pm »
This garbage is getting serious.  I'm afraid we've limited time to stop it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 06:54:02 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Tucker Carlson & @realchrisrufo Discussing Disney's Embrace Of Wokeness & Documents Obtained By Chris Rufo Showing Disney's Anti-American & Anti-White Training Sessions For Employees

Chris: "This corporation hates you, it hates your culture, and it hates the color of your skin."

Video:

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1390843143143124998

9:37 PM · May 7, 2021·Twitter Media Studio
Anti racist all too often translates to anti white. It has become a malevolent cult masquerading as a righteous movement.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 07:12:07 pm »
Liberal white women ruin everything.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 08:56:31 pm »
skeeter wrote:
"Anti racist all too often translates to anti white. It has become a malevolent cult masquerading as a righteous movement."

Drop the "all too often" and you have a more correct statement.
Most blacks no longer want to be "our equals".
They want to become our rulers.

No, they're not ALL like that.
But I've seen little evidence to dissuade me that the overwhelming majority of blacks are now of that persuasion...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 04:41:33 am »
Anti racist all too often translates to anti white. It has become a malevolent racist cult masquerading as a righteous movement.
Sorry, @skeeter, but I had to add that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 05:30:16 am »
That is just insane. There is no better word for it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 05:31:45 am »
Anti racist all too often translates to anti white. It has become a malevolent cult masquerading as a righteous movement.

@skeeter

Of course. Even little children understand that only white people can be racists.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 06:24:21 am »
Liberal white women ruin everything.

Agreed.  Chuck Schumer and Adam Shiff are such asses.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 06:25:32 am »
That is just insane. There is no better word for it.

Yes, there is a better word for it.

Treason.

All these companies selling US down the river?  They have Chinese yuan in their eyes.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 02:00:34 pm »
Agreed.  Chuck Schumer and Adam Shiff are such asses.
Liberal male asses.  Supported by liberal white women. The simple truth is that if women weren't allowed to vote or serve in elected office, this country would be a lot better off...all the great conservative women notwithstanding.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 03:09:22 pm »
Christopher F. Rufo
@realchrisrufo

Disney tells American employees to reject "equal opportunity" and embrace "equality of outcome."

Disney Chairman @RobertIger built a fortune of $690 million, while Bangladeshi workers making Disney t-shirts were paid as little as $0.08 an hour.

Woke capitalism is built on lies.

10:40 PM · May 8, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1391221611290759170