Author Topic: Texas lawmakers advance election reform legislation in late night vote  (Read 553 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
In a middle-of-the-night vote, HB6 was passed, moving the election reform legislation out of the House Elections Committee in the Texas House of Representatives. The bill now moves to the House Calendars Committee. A decision will be made by that committee on whether or not the bill goes to a full House vote. The vote was taken after hours of debate at 3:00 a.m Friday.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2021/05/07/texas-lawmakers-advance-election-reform-legislation-in-late-night-vote-n388448

Not as strong as some, but better than what the people fleeing California are used to.

Real election reforms are going to include:

Voter ID, mandatory.

Chain of evidence treatment for all ballots and no ballots dropped from chain of evidence can be counted.

Literacy tests.  It ain't raycyst and people too stupid to learn how to read have no place in the process of selecting political leaders.    If more POX than whites are having literacy problems, fix the schools so they teach again.

No mail in balloting.    It's a proven easy fraud option.

No ballot harvesting.  This is why we have polling places.  If someone is too lazy to go to a polling place, they're too lazy to learn the issues.  The collection of ballots from nursing homes would be done under chain-of-custody, from the old guy's hands to the ballot box.

The concept is Election DAY.  Not Election "lets count the votes, see how far we're behind, and use more time making more votes" like it was in 2020.

And, to make things even more exciting, people who aren't registered in a political party shouldn't be allowed to vote in that  party's primary.   Too bad if the rodents can't game the Republicans' candidate choices, isn't it?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 05:56:13 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A potential problem:
(perhaps TX members could correct me if I'm wrong)

The Texas legislative session is nearing adjournment.
There may not be enough time to get this passed in the TX Senate, then resolve any differences between the two versions, and get it to the governor for signature...

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

There will be vote by mail.  Once the two bills are reconciled so there is one bill and it passes, Gov. Abbott will sign it.  Once that happens, so I know that is the final bill, I will read it and post how it is different than it is right now.  Remember, I have the current 400+ pages of the Texas Election Code book and taught it for years in Texas counties.

Speaking of helping a voter vote: A voter now can take a person with him/her to the polling place to help him/her vote.  If a person at the poll needs help to understand what to do, a clerk working there can help the voter vote. 

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The article indicated there were going to be restrictions on Scam By Mail, ie, the ballot would have to be REQUESTED, blanket mailings to boost fake Rodent voter turnout were going to be banned.

Which means all the Rodents will be requesting ballots that will be conveniently "lost".
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
A potential problem:
(perhaps TX members could correct me if I'm wrong)

The Texas legislative session is nearing adjournment.
There may not be enough time to get this passed in the TX Senate, then resolve any differences between the two versions, and get it to the governor for signature...

They have until May 31.

Offline Victoria33

The article indicated there were going to be restrictions on Scam By Mail, ie, the ballot would have to be REQUESTED, blanket mailings to boost fake Rodent voter turnout were going to be banned.
Which means all the Rodents will be requesting ballots that will be conveniently "lost".
@Sled Dog

In the past, every ballot by mail had to be requested.  What Houston did in this election was illegal to send everyone a mail ballot.  Now, when one voted by mail in a primary, one could request ballot by mail for elections after the primary for that year.

Offline Night Hides Not

They have until May 31.

And Abbott could call them back into special session to complete it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline thackney

And Abbott could call them back into special session to complete it.

The Governor named election integrity as an emergency legislative item during his State of the State address in February.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-holds-press-conference-on-election-integrity-legislation

I have little doubt if they do not get it finished in the regular session, they will be called back, repeatedly if necessary, to get it done.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer