General Category > Economy/Business

Milton Friedman’s Revenge

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hoodat:
“When did Milton Friedman die and become king?”

- Joe Biden, Sept 7, 2019 -

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: skeeter on May 08, 2021, 04:45:30 pm ---I’ve read the tea leaves and have just sold my house for a third more than I bought it exactly a year ago. My problem now is timing - how to pick up a new place on the downside of the housing market & not sitting on the dough too long, ‘cause inflation is surely coming if it’s not here already.

--- End quote ---

If you haven't occupied the dwelling for 5 years, you will be taxed on the capital gains. :shrug:

DB:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on May 08, 2021, 04:16:38 pm ---Read a recent report that Pedo Joe on an incremential basis is turning on the Fedzilla Tap faster than even FDR did in the early 30's.

One thing is for certain.....   Every single investment vehicle is OVERSOLD beyond reason. I don't want to create any panic, but this may line up as the bubble of all bubbles. 

Reason?  Back in the 30's we at least had an industrial base to work out of the economic toilet.  Now?  Sadly no.

--- End quote ---

On the flip side when the dollar is devalued - by printing massive amounts of them - stocks go up in terms of dollars just to maintain their actual value. A rising stock market does not necessarily mean rising wealth or value or even that it is oversold when the value of the currency they are purchased in is rapidly declining.

skeeter:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 08, 2021, 04:52:15 pm ---If you haven't occupied the dwelling for 5 years, you will be taxed on the capital gains. :shrug:

--- End quote ---
Yeah we’ll have to get clever with the deductions. Luckily we have a lot to work with lately.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: DB on May 08, 2021, 05:00:17 pm ---On the flip side when the dollar is devalued - by printing massive amounts of them - stocks go up in terms of dollars just to maintain their actual value. A rising stock market does not necessarily mean rising wealth or value or even that it is oversold when the value of the currency they are purchased in is rapidly declining.

--- End quote ---

Oh I agree, but right now that is not being reflected in currency exchange rates.  UNLESS>...    This is an across the board phenomenon, and the whole world is imploding economically in sync.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version