Author Topic: Grim Reaper: McConnell Plots the Legislative Death of the Biden Administration  (Read 541 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grim Reaper: McConnell Plots the Legislative Death of the Biden Administration
Matt Vespa

Posted: May 07, 2021 12:50 PM

Look, Mitch McConnell has had his ups and downs. The Kentucky Republican was instrumental in enacting core parts of the Trump agenda. The total overhaul of the judiciary and getting three Trump Supreme Court nominees confirmed is key. His remarks and behavior during the Georgia runoff and after the January 6, Capitol Hill riot are a different story. His opposition to the $2,000 COVID relief checks cost Republican support. Granted, maybe Donald Trump could have attacked Democrats more during the runoff, but the reported behind-the-scenes antics he was doing after January 6 was also mind-numbingly stupid.

McConnell didn’t think the Democrats’ second impeachment push was political in nature, he wanted Trumpism purged from the party, and was floated to be a possible vote to convict. He was furious with Trump for costing the GOP the Senate. There was a lot of noise. And then, he had a "come to Jesus" moment, probably because he saw how the base views the former president.

Is there room for redemption? I think so. Unlike Liz Cheney, he did not vote to convict Trump. He’s also plotting to be the grim reaper for Biden’s agenda, seeking to inflict legislative death on Joe’s agenda. He’s unapologetic about it, which is an admirable characteristic about Mitch (via WSJ):

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Republicans are united behind stopping President Biden’s agenda, putting a damper on already slim hopes for bipartisan cooperation in Congress ahead of more talks with the White House on a possible infrastructure deal.

“One hundred percent of my focus is standing up to this administration,” the Kentucky Republican said at a press conference in his home state Wednesday, in response to questions about infighting among House Republicans. “What we have in the United States Senate is total unity from Susan Collins to Ted Cruz in opposition to what the new Biden administration is trying to do to this country,” he said, referring to the senators from Maine and Texas.

Democrats passed a $1.9 trillion Covid-19 relief bill with no Republican support earlier this year and have proposed more than $4 trillion in additional spending on infrastructure, antipoverty and education proposals. Republicans have said they are willing to engage in talks on a narrow infrastructure plan focused on roads, bridges and broadband, and some GOP lawmakers outlined a $568 billion infrastructure framework. But they have rejected Mr. Biden’s more extensive spending plans.

Proposals supported by Mr. Biden on gun laws, voting rights and D.C. statehood have also drawn little GOP interest. They passed the House but are unlikely to progress in the Senate, where most legislation needs 60 votes to advance. Vice President Kamala Harris ’ tie-breaking vote gives Democrats a narrow majority in the chamber, which is split 50-50 between both parties.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/05/07/grim-reaper-mcconnell-plots-the-legislative-death-of-the-biden-administration-n2589083
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Too bad he couldn't challenge the False Electors and avoid the need to challenge Obama's third round of Death To the USA Laws.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Only thing I can count on, is that this capitulating slug will give in when it counts. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's bound to work as well as "making Obama a one-term President," or tearing out O'Bastardcare root and branch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
So much opposition to President Trump, so little to a far worse Biden.  Speaks volumes, the deep Staters are deep indeed !
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions