Author Topic: WaPo touts insect eating as ‘a sustainable protein source’ – ‘Can you eat cicadas? Yes, &amp here’s th  (Read 1125 times)

rangerrebew

WaPo touts insect eating as ‘a sustainable protein source’ – ‘Can you eat cicadas? Yes, & here’s the best way to catch, cook and snack on them’

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotMay 6, 2021 4:53 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/05/05/cicadas-cooking-recipes/

Washington Post:

The first time Weiss saw periodical cicadas was in 2004. As a self-proclaimed “science mom,” she was excited to encounter them with her two young daughters.

“I let them stay up until midnight so that we could go outside and pluck cicadas from their nymphal cases as they emerged,” she says. She served them up, dipped in chocolate, to her daughters’ classmates — to mixed reactions of intrigue, awe and disgust. “My older daughter is 23 now, and I still run into her classmates who say, ‘I remember that you gave me a bug to eat when I was in second grade.’”

As a chef and executive director of Brooklyn Bugs, whose mission is to promote insects as a sustainable protein source, Joseph Yoon plans to try them at every point in their life cycle, drawing on nose-to-tail ideas of cooking.

“There’s so much beauty in the unknown,” he says. “I plan on just exhausting all the possibilities.”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/05/06/wapo-touts-insect-eating-as-a-sustainable-protein-source-can-you-eat-cicadas-yes-heres-the-best-way-to-catch-cook-and-snack-on-them/

rangerrebew

WaPo, a liberal rag sheet brought to you by the communist Jeff Bezos, a man with more wealth (and scams) than Bill Gates.  Both men dedicated to the love of money no matter the cost (economic or physical) to other people.  Hey, doesn't the Bible say the love of money is the root of all evil? 888bravo

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Then:
"Let them eat cake..."

Today:
"Let them eat cicadas..."

Offline libertybele

I remember in 2nd grade that the teacher brought in chocolate covered ants for us to try. I kept going to the end of of the line till all claimed to have tried them.

I look back and still can't figure out what the point was.  All I know, is that I was not about to partake.

Nope, not into eating insects. 

I think we need to remember who just bought up the largest amount of farmland in the U.S.; Gates.  Evil as he is, it will be interesting to see how he lines his pockets on this.  Will he wind up being the one person left with the only source of food?

At one point in time, they tried in the area to require a license to grow produce on your property and they wanted to conduct inspections.  It fell by the wayside, but at the time I found it troubling and still do.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Nope, not into eating insects. 

I have ate a mess of hoppers. Not bad. Nutty, crunchy. Same with meal worms.

One of the things you learn walking off into the woods and staying there is to be grateful for any food you can get your hands on.

That being said, there is no need to eat insects if a capitalist system is allowed to work freely.
If you are down to eating insects and hard tack, that's fairly well somewhere close to the last gasp.

Offline Joe Wooten

:Cricket:

How long before PETA and those irritating vegans start whining about people eating those innocent bugs? They'll be infiltrating bug farms  to video the cruel practices the farmers use to grow and harvest their bugs. There'll be vegans prancing about in grasshopper costumes holding signs tellin g us bugs feel pain too.......

Online mountaineer

Pathetic Excuse For An Environmentalist Hasn’t Even Eaten A Cicada Yet
May 24th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com
SAN DIEGO, CA—“I’m a forward-thinking environmentalist!” said Jude Ashton, a backward-thinking, planet-killing, sorry excuse for a progressive. “Just because I haven’t eaten a cicada yet, doesn’t mean I’m not.”

“I just don’t want to eat bugs,” said the so-called progressive who allegedly cares about the planet. “Why can’t I just eat other protein-dense, gluten-free, environmentally conscious food sources?”

Other progressives rightfully questioned Ashton’s commitment to the cause since he admitted himself he hadn’t eaten a single terneral or nymph cicada.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, let the lefties eat all the bugs they want, it leaves more beef for me.

Besides, if they don't wash, they can draw their own dinner...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis