Author Topic: There's More on the Florida Principal Who Paddled The Six-Year-Old Girl  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Oh its happening alright - Home schooling leaped to 11% nationally over covid, and our Christian school is beefing up networking to provide more services for the home-schooled community, not to mention expanding its own full time role. If that 11% grows, or a significant portion do not return to public school, that is a devastating hit to one of the entrenched avenues the liberals own..

Taxes levied to support public education should be reduced by the fraction of students not attending the public Hitler Youth Facilities....or, Obama Youth, rather.

Or the parents homeschooling their children should receive the per capita value the state expends per pupil on the public OYFs since those students homeschooled are not being accounted for at the OYF.    Either way, the "Teacher" goonion is not providing services to the state to warrant their receipt of those excess funds.

So, taxes should be cut commensurate with the public's avoidance of the OYFs, or the funding allocated to students not at the OYF should be re-directed to those educating said student and the OYF funding should be cut by that amount.

This is basic freshman level accounting and terrifyingly simple anti-Rodent level politics.  If they don't earn the money, they shouldn't get the money.

The arguments against home schooling have always been based on the money the schools waste and the control the Rodents lose over those young minds.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

Taxes levied to support public education should be reduced by the fraction of students not attending the public Hitler Youth Facilities....or, Obama Youth, rather.

Or the parents homeschooling their children should receive the per capita value the state expends per pupil on the public OYFs since those students homeschooled are not being accounted for at the OYF.    Either way, the "Teacher" goonion is not providing services to the state to warrant their receipt of those excess funds.

So, taxes should be cut commensurate with the public's avoidance of the OYFs, or the funding allocated to students not at the OYF should be re-directed to those educating said student and the OYF funding should be cut by that amount.

This is basic freshman level accounting and terrifyingly simple anti-Rodent level politics.  If they don't earn the money, they shouldn't get the money.

The arguments against home schooling have always been based on the money the schools waste and the control the Rodents lose over those young minds.

That's right. It's been a while since I had a kid in school, but at the time, the levy and matching fed and etc figured out to $10k per kid... When Christian/Private school was $3500 per kid. Off the get-go, I am still paying taxes on the public school, even though my kids went to Christian...

AND, when I could no longer afford to keep them in Christian, them kids loafed for 2 YEARS before the public curriculum caught up to where they were when they left the Christian school (That Christian education was that much better)

So yeah - Eventually, that kid staying home-school will be counted against that levy and taken off the roles, but that ain't for years. With you 100% on that. Figure that levy and matching fed and all per annum. or even quarterly, and watch the competition start to turn things around.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 12:18:02 am by roamer_1 »

Offline verga

26 years teaching high school here. I am 100% in favor of homeschooling, Parochial schools, private schools, charter school, etc... If your child attends one of these "alternative" educational systems your taxes should be deferred in proportion to the tuition or the state/ county should be required to pay a percentage of the cost of that education. But and here is the big proviso: Public schools should be given the exact same latitude as those schools. Not a single one of these schools is required by law to provide educational opportunities to EVERY SINGLE CHILD that walks through the front door. We are required to provide those opportunities. If a child's behavior is so severe that it requires expulsion we have to send them to an Alternative educational system at public expense. This could be jail, Juvenile detention, or home tutoring. I want public school to be able to kick little Jimmy or Susie to the curb for telling a teacher or staff member to Eff off, bullying a special Ed student, vandalizing school property, etc...... I have lost count of the students that were "homeschooled" and then enrolled in my school because liberal mommy or daddy couldn't handle their behavior, kicked out of one of the Catholic school for stealing an exam and then doing the EXACT same thing at a school I worked at the very next year. I can tell you about the young minority student kicked out of a "Christian" school for selling drugs. He lasted 3 days at the school I worked at. You see the "Christian" school would not allow the police on the property to make arrests, but as a public school we did. I can tell you about a friend of mine working at an inner city school. He tried to stop a 98 lb minority girl student from being beat up by her 200 lb boyfriend. SHE then turned around and kicked my friend in the groin. He lost a testicle and was off work for 8 weeks. She got 3 nights detention. For those of you that believe you can do better; Come on in the water is warm, I would love for you to show me how I can help your children do better.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sled Dog

26 years teaching high school here. I am 100% in favor of homeschooling, Parochial schools, private schools, charter school, etc... If your child attends one of these "alternative" educational systems your taxes should be deferred in proportion to the tuition or the state/ county should be required to pay a percentage of the cost of that education. But and here is the big proviso: Public schools should be given the exact same latitude as those schools. Not a single one of these schools is required by law to provide educational opportunities to EVERY SINGLE CHILD that walks through the front door. We are required to provide those opportunities. If a child's behavior is so severe that it requires expulsion we have to send them to an Alternative educational system at public expense. This could be jail, Juvenile detention, or home tutoring. I want public school to be able to kick little Jimmy or Susie to the curb for telling a teacher or staff member to Eff off, bullying a special Ed student, vandalizing school property, etc...... I have lost count of the students that were "homeschooled" and then enrolled in my school because liberal mommy or daddy couldn't handle their behavior, kicked out of one of the Catholic school for stealing an exam and then doing the EXACT same thing at a school I worked at the very next year. I can tell you about the young minority student kicked out of a "Christian" school for selling drugs. He lasted 3 days at the school I worked at. You see the "Christian" school would not allow the police on the property to make arrests, but as a public school we did. I can tell you about a friend of mine working at an inner city school. He tried to stop a 98 lb minority girl student from being beat up by her 200 lb boyfriend. SHE then turned around and kicked my friend in the groin. He lost a testicle and was off work for 8 weeks. She got 3 nights detention. For those of you that believe you can do better; Come on in the water is warm, I would love for you to show me how I can help your children do better.   

I fully agree that some animals are not trainable.

I support totally closed borders so the animals can work on the farms.

I also support the idea that violent ten year-olds should be tried as adults if they commit crimes like adults, and be given adult sized criminal penalties, too.

As Heinlein said, coddling is not how puppies are turned into good dogs.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

For those of you that believe you can do better; Come on in the water is warm, I would love for you to show me how I can help your children do better.   

I feel for you @verga , I do. Because it ain't my kids that will give you any grief. Oh sure, my boys kicked their heels up a bit... But if they get too far out of line, I would expect, especially out of the shop teacher, for you to give him a slap upside his fool head (to get his attention), tell him his fault, show him the guardrails, and remind hm that you know me (because if you were my boys' shop teacher, you would know me). I declare, and I guarantee, that child will be on the straight and narrow again.

And there are tales from the other side too - One of my boys got threatened with expulsion for defending himself, and the other for defending a girl. That ain't right. Damn straight when something like that happens I am gonna go down there and read to them knuckleheaded administrators from the good book - And a slap upside THEIR heads ain't out of the question. Lord knows they need it.

Were I to do it again, especially since the advent of the modern homesteading community, where raising your own is the whole point, had I the resources to hand that they do now, I am sure I would have homeschooled, even over Christian education.

Offline thackney

I feel for you @verga , I do. Because it ain't my kids that will give you any grief. Oh sure, my boys kicked their heels up a bit... But if they get too far out of line, I would expect, especially out of the shop teacher, for you to give him a slap upside his fool head (to get his attention), tell him his fault, show him the guardrails, and remind hm that you know me (because if you were my boys' shop teacher, you would know me). I declare, and I guarantee, that child will be on the straight and narrow again.

Ag teachers and Horse riding coaches were also good and maintaining discipline.  Always had some required jobs involving manure that anyone out of line could be sent to complete, as my daughter well learned.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

Ag teachers and Horse riding coaches were also good and maintaining discipline.  Always had some required jobs involving manure that anyone out of line could be sent to complete, as my daughter well learned.

That's right - pig manure at that. AND a slap upside the head. I have a certain familiarity with VoAg teachers.

Offline Sled Dog

And there are tales from the other side too - One of my boys got threatened with expulsion for defending himself, and the other for defending a girl. That ain't right. Damn straight when something like that happens I am gonna go down there and read to them knuckleheaded administrators from the good book - And a slap upside THEIR heads ain't out of the question. Lord knows they need it.

Were I to do it again, especially since the advent of the modern homesteading community, where raising your own is the whole point, had I the resources to hand that they do now, I am sure I would have homeschooled, even over Christian education.

I was almost mugged by some Knee Grows in my high school.    What stopped the three of them was a simple razor blade box cutter in my pallid white hand.   I would have gotten in serious trouble if I'd been caught with a (gasp!) weapon on my body.  I would have gotten in serious injury if I hadn't had it.   An easy decision to make.   No blood was spilled, especially not mine, and that's as far as it went.

The lower animals naturally respect superior firepower.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I hear you on the defending himself bit. A grandson got punched in the face while on crutches. All he did was pin his attacker to the wall (one handed, by their throat) until staff intervened. (This is a kid I KNOW could have painted the walls with the one who punched him). He got suspended from school for a week, same as the one who attacked him. (Miss 9 days here and the year is a do-over).

Here's the rub, though, the school had video of the incident. No question who attacked who, and who was in the wrong.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I hear you on the defending himself bit. A grandson got punched in the face while on crutches. All he did was pin his attacker to the wall (one handed, by their throat) until staff intervened. (This is a kid I KNOW could have painted the walls with the one who punched him). He got suspended from school for a week, same as the one who attacked him. (Miss 9 days here and the year is a do-over).

Here's the rub, though, the school had video of the incident. No question who attacked who, and who was in the wrong.

Well then, somebody'd Better Call Saul!!   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Ain't ya just LOVING all this "equality stuff"?

Nobody is ever wrong,and everybody is equally right!

After all,if your son hadn't been on crutches he wouldn't have looked like an easy target,and the other boy wouldn't have attacked him!

Thus,your son was at fault for inviting an attack! The FIEND!

We iz da wurld.........
We iz da peep-pulls........
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 06:25:35 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

The vast majority of my kids are great and after one conversation with the parents you can tell why a kid is the way they are (Good or bad). And you are correct expulsion for defending yourself or someone else is not right. In this day and age when so many schools have cameras there should be no question. About 10-12 years ago one of my students stopped another kid from literally getting stomped. He went up behind the aggressor and just wrapped his arms around the kid and picked him up and held him until teachers arrived on the scene. County policy said he should get 10 days and disciplinary review. His father asked the Principal how he planned to defend that in court when the jury see the tape. No punishment.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Nothing like sweat punishment to correct your attitude.

Offline thackney

Nothing like sweat punishment to correct your attitude.

Second time the riding coach had learned not to send multiple offenders to the same location with the same punishment.  First time led to a manure fight that had the Mamas pissed when taking the girls home.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sled Dog

@Smokin Joe

Ain't ya just LOVING all this "equality stuff"?

Nobody is ever wrong,and everybody is equally right!

After all,if your son hadn't been on crutches he wouldn't have looked like an easy target,and the other boy wouldn't have attacked him!

Thus,your son was at fault for inviting an attack! The FIEND!

We iz da wurld.........
We iz da peep-pulls........

It used to be about who threw the first punch.

Then it became everyone is equally guilty.

Now it's "who's the white guy, he's guilty".

Online roamer_1

I was almost mugged by some Knee Grows in my high school.    What stopped the three of them was a simple razor blade box cutter in my pallid white hand.   I would have gotten in serious trouble if I'd been caught with a (gasp!) weapon on my body.  I would have gotten in serious injury if I hadn't had it.   An easy decision to make.   No blood was spilled, especially not mine, and that's as far as it went.

The lower animals naturally respect superior firepower.

Everybody respects firepower. That's why everybody up in here is fairly polite.

Online roamer_1

Ain't no damn body gonna tell my kid not to defend himself. That ain't right.

Both times they got suspended immediately, and expulsion was on the table... some 'no tolerance' bullsh*t... Both times I had to go in there mad as hell and drag the principal over his desk and poke my finger in his chest... the first time that was enough (the defense of self). the nother one I had to rack up my lawyer (the defense of others thing). That one cost me eight hundred bucks, which is what the lawyer costs pretty much just to show up...

And in both cases the thing was over quick. the first one the suspension was lifted the next day. the second three days later. After they figgered out that I was not only damn mean to deal with when I am pissed, but also willing and able to chase em down the legal route - with a heave duty legal house bought and paid for, I never had any more trouble.

Online roamer_1

The vast majority of my kids are great and after one conversation with the parents you can tell why a kid is the way they are (Good or bad). And you are correct expulsion for defending yourself or someone else is not right. In this day and age when so many schools have cameras there should be no question. About 10-12 years ago one of my students stopped another kid from literally getting stomped. He went up behind the aggressor and just wrapped his arms around the kid and picked him up and held him until teachers arrived on the scene. County policy said he should get 10 days and disciplinary review. His father asked the Principal how he planned to defend that in court when the jury see the tape. No punishment.

It don't make no sense to me. The only way you get rid of a bully is for someone to stand up to him. My kind do that by nature. One sort is bad for community, the other of high value. Standing up for self, and especially standing up for others should not only be encouraged, but lauded and praised.

That is one of the biggest indicators to me that the school system is messed up.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It don't make no sense to me. The only way you get rid of a bully is for someone to stand up to him. My kind do that by nature. One sort is bad for community, the other of high value. Standing up for self, and especially standing up for others should not only be encouraged, but lauded and praised.

That is one of the biggest indicators to me that the school system is messed up.
Yep, even the times early on when I lost the fight, I at least had respect for standing up and not quitting. It is the only way to defeat the bullies, whether they are other students, some kid from the neighborhood, or some pencil neck in a suit masquerading as an administrator.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Yep, even the times early on when I lost the fight, I at least had respect for standing up and not quitting. It is the only way to defeat the bullies, whether they are other students, some kid from the neighborhood, or some pencil neck in a suit masquerading as an administrator.

Yep. It you're right, don't back up, and don't back down. All in, right now.

That's how I was raised, and how I raised my own. and that's exactly the kind the bully will find hard to run over. Note that the administration thinks they can step in on that. They cannot. the effect of that breaks the deal. Some kid with the balls to do it has to beat that bully down. That is how the micro-community artificially represented in the school, learns governance, not by way of the teachers.

It is a serious point of order. Necessary.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I sent my kids to a public school where they didn't have fights. If they had 5 fights in a year, it was considered way too much. Usually it was girls.  Having grown up in a city, I was amazed. We had them every day.

Luckily, my son inherited my ability to take a punch because he also inherited my ability to say the wrong thing to the wrong person.
Countdown to Resignation

Online roamer_1

Hey @Restored ! Nice to see you!  :seeya:

Offline Slide Rule

@Slide Rule While I don't agree with everything you say, you post are intelligent and generally insightful. After reading other people's responses to SD the only mistake I made was not putting him on ignore earlier.

I don't know Sled Dog other than his unusual name and his piercing statements.

This is conjecture, but he is mostly self made and improved his own standard of life through hard
work. I am the same and I had help from Dad correcting his animal and being an example.

I had a coach who called me animal, a compliment as he was a national wrestling champion.
I am mostly civilized, but I often consider physical response.

I like his presentation as it grabs the obvious and points to historical solutions. Solutions that have
worked for hundreds of years.

I always like hearing common sense that is less and less common. What do you have to lose as
it is your country and mine. If a politician, subordinate, or a teacher is compassionate, I have
little use for them. They might be a good neighbor, but they should be directing no one. Their track
record brought and amplified this conflict. Get a bat ready as we will be needing them.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Sled Dog

I don't know Sled Dog other than his unusual name and his piercing statements.

This is conjecture, but he is mostly self made and improved his own standard of life through hard
work. I am the same and I had help from Dad correcting his animal and being an example.

I had a coach who called me animal, a compliment as he was a national wrestling champion.
I am mostly civilized, but I often consider physical response.

I like his presentation as it grabs the obvious and points to historical solutions. Solutions that have
worked for hundreds of years.

I always like hearing common sense that is less and less common. What do you have to lose as
it is your country and mine. If a politician, subordinate, or a teacher is compassionate, I have
little use for them. They might be a good neighbor, but they should be directing no one. Their track
record brought and amplified this conflict. Get a bat ready as we will be needing them.

Thanks.

Lower middle class origins, enlisted in Navy, nuclear submarine reactor operator, paid my own way through a private university, am engineer for things that fly.   Engineering things that fly permits no nonsense.  People die with mistakes, or huge piles of money are lost.

Always been interested in history, history is a very important class young Americans need to learn.   It's not taught in schools any more.

Anyway, not a big fan of socialists and whiners.   They need to get a job and out of our pockets.   Some people just can't understand that attitude.

Offline Slide Rule

Thanks.

Lower middle class origins, enlisted in Navy, nuclear submarine reactor operator, paid my own way through a private university, am engineer for things that fly.   Engineering things that fly permits no nonsense.  People die with mistakes, or huge piles of money are lost.

Always been interested in history, history is a very important class young Americans need to learn.   It's not taught in schools any more.

Anyway, not a big fan of socialists and whiners.   They need to get a job and out of our pockets.   Some people just can't understand that attitude.

Thought so.

Engineering guy too. I missed that.

I am also a History fan but back in HS had no use for it. Tests were a dates quiz without analysis of what was happening.
Half of what I read today is history.

Do you by any chance play pool?  I post on a pool forum, mostly in the non pool area.
https://forums.azbilliards.com

The political sections are closed to non members.

I mostly type commentary, and read it again before hitting enter. Slight word changes can help.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 12:25:25 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote