General Category > National/Breaking News

There's More on the Florida Principal Who Paddled The Six-Year-Old Girl

<< < (2/20) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote ---The mother told the principal that the little girl had been breaking things at home as well, but when the mother threatened to punish the girl for her actions, the six-year-old would threaten to “DCF” her — a reference to the Florida Department of Children and Families. The mother told the Principal she had not been able to discipline the girl for her misbehavior out of fear she would be turned in to the police, so she asked if the Principal would discipline the girl on her behalf.

The Principal agreed to do so, but only if the mother was present for the event.
--- End quote ---

If that little girl routinely purposely breaks things,it should be clear to everyone smarter than the typical rock that she is emotionally disturbed,and paddling her is counterproductive. She needs psychological help and counseling,NOT Corporal Punishment.

On top of that it seems clear to ME the mother AND the principal are more disturbed than she is or they wouldn't have done what they did.

The little girl needs counseling. The adults need to have their asses locked up.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on May 08, 2021, 11:47:58 pm ---They started teaching this to kids well over two decades ago, 'my parents beat me', 'my father touches me in my private places', ' my _______ did _______ to me, etc. I knew someone whose kid threatened that many years ago and the father told him go ahead, I hope you enjoy your new family if you are even lucky enough to be placed in a foster home let alone a decent one. Made the kid sit up and rethink his threat.

--- End quote ---

@GtHawk

I live in a rural area that was even more rural 15-20 years ago when the story I am telling happened.

A local farmer and his wife took off to have a "night on the town" in the nearest city,leaving their 16 year old son and his 15 year old sister at home to watch over the place.

They took the wife's Lincoln and told the 16 year old boy,who had recently gotten his drivers license to NOT use his fathers diesel 4x4 pu,but to stay at home with his sister.

Well,the boy took the  new PU,and put it in a ditch,resulting in the highway patrol calling his father and mother home to come to the county jail and get him. The "boy" was probably about 6 foot tall and 180 lbs at the time,and feeling froggy,started running his mouth at his father when they got home,and the father punched his ass out.

He damn near went to jail for that,and the judge DID threaten him with jail,if not prison,time if he ever did it again.

Which of course gave the 16 year old the "keys to the kingdom". He did anything he wanted to do after that and anytime either of his parents tried to correct him,he threatened to drop a dime on them to the DA.

I understand the girl started giving them trouble,too. Staying out all night and telling them "You are not the boss of me!" when they tried to lay down the law to her.

It did end up costing that idiot kid more than he had planned,though. His father told him to hit the road when he turned 18. No college funds,no job on the farm,no nothing,but "get the hell off of MY farm!"

Not sure what happened with the girl. I knew who they all were,but didn't really "know them".

I have no doubt the boy ended up hating his father to this very day for "ruining my life".

THIS is the kind of unintentional crap that can happen when the courts "put the children in charge of the parents".

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on May 09, 2021, 05:40:34 am ---If that little girl routinely purposely breaks things,it should be clear to everyone smarter than the typical rock that she is emotionally disturbed,and paddling her is counterproductive. She needs psychological help and counseling,NOT Corporal Punishment.

On top of that it seems clear to ME the mother AND the principal are more disturbed than she is or they wouldn't have done what they did.

The little girl needs counseling. The adults need to have their asses locked up.

--- End quote ---

I dunno @sneakypete

I think corporal punishment to be very useful - It creates a very bright line at where 'Oh Hell No' is.
Nothing makes you think about how you are treating your mother like the words, "You wait till your father gets home..." And the reason that has teeth is because you KNOW what the old man is GOING to do to your sorry ass. That is the only thing that really kept me in line. And in order for that to work the threat has to be real.

But it can be abused, for sure. I always used my hand, and never raised a bruise, not even once.
I stayed away from the belt and the switch because I was witness to that getting carried away among my friends.

But the Old Man has got to be the Old Man, or all is lost, and that child will go wild.

When I received corporal punishment at school, it was nearly always followed by corporal punishment when I got home. But that was meted with justice. I will never forget the times I cried bullcrap to my father - AND HE BELIEVED ME - and went to bat against the principal. Nothing warmed my heart and taught me justice like the old man exercising his power draggin that principal across his desk and poking his finger in his chest. And he made sure I was there to see it happen.

So yeah - I got it hard, and mostly deserved it when it happened. But it also was mostly just. And that is what is being laid down.

sneakypete:

--- Quote ---I dunno @sneakypete

I think corporal punishment to be very useful - It creates a very bright line at where 'Oh Hell No' is.
--- End quote ---

The line between corrective discipline and abuse is usually so wide Ray Charles could see it.

I also see it as something that should only be applied by the parents.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on May 09, 2021, 01:49:03 pm ---The line between corrective discipline and abuse is usually so wide Ray Charles could see it.

I also see it as something that should only be applied by the parents.

--- End quote ---

I don't think that's right @sneakypete
Respect always starts in fear.

Consider how cops were respected when they walked a beat and had the ability to tune you up with a nightstick. I mean, I have a fairly regular stance with relation to cops where rednecks are concerned... But I respect them and will come to their aid if they need it (and have before).

I can tell you what - It would take but a few of those hardass Irish beat cops to turn things around, and I don't care which city...

The same goes with the 'Board of education' . Institutions need teeth to be effective. And kids need to learn early on where the lines are. If they did it would save them a helluva lot of trouble down the road.

Jussayin.

On the whole, I probably agree with you more than it sounds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version