General Category > National/Breaking News

There's More on the Florida Principal Who Paddled The Six-Year-Old Girl

<< < (3/20) > >>

Slide Rule:
I have old man's privilege as I am older than dirt.

My daughter needed a spanking sometime during grade school.
So she got it. It wasn't anywhere near the degree that my dad gave me.

My son came along 10 years later and he needed it. It took about three
times to make a point. But he did mention before the third one that he
could report me to the school. I said, fine. But you are going to get
your ass spanked now. Tell them that tomorrow if you think that will
be in your long term interest.

The lesson must have taken as I received no calls from the school,
the police nor from some family services type group.

unite for individuality:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on May 09, 2021, 05:40:34 am ---If that little girl routinely purposely breaks things,it should be clear to everyone smarter than the typical rock that she is emotionally disturbed,and paddling her is counterproductive. She needs psychological help and counseling,NOT Corporal Punishment.

--- End quote ---

In all the reporting and discussion I have heard about this case,
I have yet to hear anyone make ANY mention of any father.

Does this child have anyone who is functioning as a father for her?
Does anyone even know who this child's father is?

Just the absence of any father, by itself, is plenty enough
to cause all kinds of emotional disturbances.

That's why the left has been waging a war on fathers for several decades.
Their objective is to CAUSE as many children as possible to have emotional disturbances,
which will create more need for the government to offer "help".

The left has been so successful in its propaganda against fatherhood
it never occurs to anyone to even ask the question!

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on May 09, 2021, 06:22:38 am ---I dunno @sneakypete

I think corporal punishment to be very useful - It creates a very bright line at where 'Oh Hell No' is.
Nothing makes you think about how you are treating your mother like the words, "You wait till your father gets home..." And the reason that has teeth is because you KNOW what the old man is GOING to do to your sorry ass. That is the only thing that really kept me in line. And in order for that to work the threat has to be real.

But it can be abused, for sure. I always used my hand, and never raised a bruise, not even once.
I stayed away from the belt and the switch because I was witness to that getting carried away among my friends.

But the Old Man has got to be the Old Man, or all is lost, and that child will go wild.

When I received corporal punishment at school, it was nearly always followed by corporal punishment when I got home. But that was meted with justice. I will never forget the times I cried bullcrap to my father - AND HE BELIEVED ME - and went to bat against the principal. Nothing warmed my heart and taught me justice like the old man exercising his power draggin that principal across his desk and poking his finger in his chest. And he made sure I was there to see it happen.

So yeah - I got it hard, and mostly deserved it when it happened. But it also was mostly just. And that is what is being laid down.

--- End quote ---
:beer:  Yeah, and the times I got it were not as many as the times I deserved it. But the line was there, and I still pushed right up to it (and occasionally a little over). Still, boundaries are important, and there was the thin gray line you might get away with (where usually, the act incorporated it's own punishment), and then the  'Oh, Hell No zone' to be avoided. My grandfather nearly defoliated the farm plucking switches (or worse, having us pick our own to be 'switched' with), but we learned, and his hand was stayed by a good sense of what was punishment and what would be excess (he never got carried away, something for which I will ever respect him, because the punishment was often well deserved).  And yes, the kids (and even grandkids) knew I'd go to bat for them If they were right and make no bones about it, but I'd better get the whole unvarnished story first. Honesty, even in the face of being wrong, is something I get from them to this day.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: unite for individuality on May 11, 2021, 08:14:12 pm ---In all the reporting and discussion I have heard about this case,
I have yet to hear anyone make ANY mention of any father.

Does this child have anyone who is functioning as a father for her?
Does anyone even know who this child's father is?

Just the absence of any father, by itself, is plenty enough
to cause all kinds of emotional disturbances.

That's why the left has been waging a war on fathers for several decades.
Their objective is to CAUSE as many children as possible to have emotional disturbances,
which will create more need for the government to offer "help".

The left has been so successful in its propaganda against fatherhood
it never occurs to anyone to even ask the question!

--- End quote ---
Yep!

thackney:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 11, 2021, 08:22:44 pm --- ...or worse, having us pick our own to be 'switched' with...
--- End quote ---

That was the absolute worst.  I'd spend twenty minutes practice switching in the air trying reach the minimum point of expected pain but not drop below the dreaded, OH NO, I WILL GET A REAL SWITCH! point.

I would spend so much time thinking about what was coming.  It was way, WAY worse than actually getting hit.  And sometime, he would lay it down and ask me to come back in 30 minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version