Author Topic: ‘Come on, it’s over a year’: Spare a thought for these people who are still waiting for their 2019 t  (Read 238 times)

Offline libertybele

This is beyond unacceptable.  We are still waiting for ours! We filed early -- back in March. Got audited for bogus b.s. reasons and want our dang $$.  It's not a lot, but it's our $$.  Oddly, they have wasted no time in printing more money and handing out $$ for those who opt to not go back to work because they can make more $$ sitting on their butts!

‘Come on, it’s over a year’: Spare a thought for these people who are still waiting for their 2019 tax refund

Taylor Adams is using her 2020 tax refund to bulk up her savings, and pay for improvements to her new North Carolina house.

As for her 2019 refund? She needs to get it first.

Approximately 15 months after Adams mailed in a federal income tax return seeking a $933 refund, she and her husband are still waiting for a check.

“I feel kind of lost because I’ve heard nothing about it,” said Adams, 27, who lives in the suburbs of Charlotte, N.C. “Time just kept passing on and we still didn’t receive it and, next you know, it’s already time to file our 2020 taxes.”

In San Luis Obispo, Calif., Monique Grajeda is waiting for her $1,944 refund for this year and her $3,647 refund for last year. “Everything in the whole system seems to be broken down and not reliable,” she told MarketWatch.

Grajeda, 55, a self-employed residential architectural designer, understands delays can occur, especially during a pandemic “but, come on, it’s over a year. It doesn’t seem right.”

As the 2020 tax season draws to a close on Monday, Adams and Grajeda are reminders the IRS is still bogged in a backlog on its 2019 returns................

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/come-on-its-over-a-year-spare-a-thought-for-these-people-who-are-still-waiting-for-their-2019-tax-refund-11621220911?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It took them a year to get my 2019, and it's been 2 months since I've filed my 2020.

It's nothing but deliberate dragging of the feet.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I know!!!!

If they allowed smaller withholdings from their paychecks over the course of the year, they'd no longer be giving the government an interest free loan.   And not only that, they'd have that cash to hand over the course of the year, to do what they wished with it.   

One year I managed to jigger it so that I owed the federal government $65 and the state of California sent me a refund for $1.84.   

That's what you do and suddenly the federal and state government can't jerk you around because of your refund.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.