State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Gretchen Whitmer Accused of ‘Leveraging’ Her Office for ‘Personal Benefit’ in Private Plane Scandal

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Gretchen Whitmer Accused of ‘Leveraging’ Her Office for ‘Personal Benefit’ in Private Plane Scandal

Kyle Olson 7 May 2021

Before Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) used a private plane to take a multi-day trip to Florida, other politicians were indicted for similar circumstances.

Deadline Detroit’s Charlie LeDuff reported:

--- Quote ---    When Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was outed last month for a secretive trip to Florida in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, her office claimed Michigan taxpayers did not foot the bill.

What they did not tell us, however, is that Whitmer asked a group of wealthy Detroit businessmen to provide a private plane they share.

Those businessmen have major dealings in and with the state of Michigan.
--- End quote ---

“We wondered why she reached out to us instead of booking a private charter,” one of the owners said, speaking to LeDuff on the condition of anonymity. “You can’t tell a governor no. Who needs that kind of trouble?”

Flight records show a jet owned by Air Eagle, LLC took Whitmer from Lansing on March 12 to Palm Beach and returned her on March 15. According to LeDuff, Whitmer’s office did not notify Florida law enforcement of her presence in the state, which he described as a “customary security protocol.”

According to the Detroit News, Air Eagle, LLC is owned by “The Nicholson family of PVS Chemicals, the Moroun family of the trucking company Central Transport, and the Cotton family, which formerly ran Meridian Health.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/07/gretchen-whitmer-accused-of-leveraging-her-office-for-personal-benefit-in-private-plane-scandal/

Hoodat:
Institutionalized corruption.

Wingnut:
I hope they take her down!  She is your typical Rat Tyrant.   

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 07, 2021, 11:40:58 pm ---I hope they take her down!  She is your typical Rat Tyrant.

--- End quote ---

Didnt' Trump win MI? Yes, I hope they take her down. If I recall the MI militias weren't too happy with her lockdown orders.

mystery-ak:
Gretchen Whitmer Uses Nonprofit ‘Social Welfare’ Funds for ‘Personal’ Florida Private Jet Trip
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/15/gretchen-whitmer-uses-nonprofit-social-welfare-funds-pay-personal-florida-private-jet-trip/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version