Author Topic: AOC: $10B Taxpayer-Funded Climate Change Corps Would Create 1.5M Jobs  (Read 554 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC: $10B Taxpayer-Funded Climate Change Corps Would Create 1.5M Jobs

Penny Starr 7 May 2021

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and other left-wing politicians are hoping to create a Civil Climate Corps modeled after  Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Civilian Conservation Corps. The redux would have fighting so-called climate change as its mission with a $10 billion taxpayer-funded price tag.

Ocasio-Cortez tweeted:

The Civilian Climate Corps aims to employ 1.5 million young Americans – putting them to work remediating blight, maintaining our parks and natural lands – and ultimately put them on a path to a long-term career, providing support like student loan relief and child/eldercare.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/07/aoc-10b-taxpayer-funded-climate-change-corps-would-create-1-5m-jobs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She must have gotten her post natal economics education at Planned Parenthood.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

The Civilian Climate Corps aims to employ 1.5 million young Americans – putting them to work remediating blight, maintaining our parks and natural lands – and ultimately put them on a path to a long-term career, providing support like student loan relief and child/eldercare.

For $10 billion, this comes to less than $7,000 per 'worker'.  Just the Covid bonuses alone on current unemployment benefits pay out over $15,000.  AOC is an idiot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"AOC: $10B Taxpayer-Funded Climate Change Corps Would Create 1.5M Jobs"

Corrected Title:
"AOC: $10B Taxpayer-Funded Climate Change Corps Would Create 1.5M do-nothing Jobs"

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
I suspect not do nothing, a great deal of the money will find its ways into America hostile groups like antifa, BLM, and muslim hostile Countries.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I suspect not do nothing, a great deal of the money will find its ways into America hostile groups like antifa, BLM, and muslim hostile Countries.
Right, this is a money laundering scheme. All we need are a bunch of vicious little pissant climate Karens running around...

"Your barbecue puts out excess smoke..."

"It's a smoker, m'am, that's what it is supposed to do."

etc...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:49:06 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

They'll go into houses, turning off lightswitches and making sure people eat their food rations raw. No reason to turn on that stove!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Right, this is a money laundering scheme. All we need are a bunch of vicious little pissant climate Karens running around...

"Your barbecue puts out excess smoke..."

"It's a smoker, m'am, that's what it is supposed to do."

etc...
That's probably a good part of it, a bunch of Gaia worshipping Green Shirt Nazis reporting people for simply living a normal life and no doubt there will be hefty non compliance fines with bonus payment for those that make and beat their reporting quotas.  And don't forget the annual Greta Thunberg Award Dinners to celebrate those little climate nazis that disrupt the most lives and generate the most in fines.