Author Topic: Juror 52: Does Chauvin Have A New Challenge Over Juror Brandon Mitchell?  (Read 144 times)

rangerrebew

Juror 52: Does Chauvin Have A New Challenge Over Juror Brandon Mitchell?

The conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was undermined this week after the previously anonymous Juror #52 went public with interviews to discuss his experience on the jury and support the movement to curtail police abuse. The problem was not the public disclosure of his identity (which jurors can elect to do) but what his self-identification triggered on the Internet. A picture soon emerged showing Brandon Mitchell wearing a Black Lives Matter T-shirt with a reference to the death of George Floyd. The image was raised as contradicting his answers in voir dire and raising an appellate question as to juror bias that could be used to challenge the conviction.

The photo trending on social media was originally posted on Facebook in August 2020 and shows Mitchell wearing a hat that says “Black Lives Matter” and a T-shirt that says “BLM” with the words, “Get Your Knee Off Our Necks,” a common reference to the death of Floyd. The photo was posted by his uncle Travis Mitchell with the caption “The next Generation being socially active representing in DC my son Marzell, my nephew Brandon Rene Mitchell, and brotha Maurice Jauntiness Johnson.”

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/05/04/juror-52-does-chauvin-have-a-new-challenge-over-juror-brandon-mitchell/#more-172658

Offline LMAO

If I was on the jury and I was found with a picture of me wearing a shirt that says “Blue Lives Matter” and  I made a statement such as the way to protect police so they can do their job and clean up the streets is to serve on jury’s were they’re accused of breaking the law,  would I be still considered an impartial jury in this case? How would CNN react?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and presumption:
"Juror 52: Does Chauvin Have A New Challenge Over Juror Brandon Mitchell?"

He may be able to get an appeal up-and-going, but I predict it will fail at the state supreme court level.

Although I don't live there, I sense that the supreme court of Minnesota is overwhelmingly liberal (perhaps even more than just "liberal", but "politically motivated" as well), and IS NOT going to give Chauvin's appeal a fair hearing.