Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Skull

Mother's Day
« on: May 07, 2021, 03:15:55 pm »
A story that mothers will love, even if no ones else cares:

A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived two hundreds miles away.

As he got out of the car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing. He asked her what was wrong and she replied, “I wanted to buy a rose for my mother. But I only have seventy-five cents and a rose costs two dollars.”

He bought the little girl a rose and then ordered his own mother’s flowers.

As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home.

She said, “Yes, please. You can take me to my mother.”

She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.

The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother’s house.

Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 03:27:47 pm »
What a beautiful story @Skull

I was just thinking this very morning, I feel bad because one of my grandmothers died before I was born, and the other when I was a teenager.

My mom is really getting up there and I’m grateful for her.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Skull

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 04:48:07 pm »
However, the Left wants more government help for mothers, so they can work at "real" jobs outside the home:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/opinions/take-mothers-day-back-to-radical-roots-taylor/index.html
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 07:40:33 pm »

Offline Skull

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 07:56:57 pm »

Whether Red's song was the origin of the story posted above or he heard it from another, it is a real feeling shared by millions.  Tnx to Roamer for finding it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 08:08:56 pm »
The one that kills me is Dolly's 'Coat of Many Colors'
I will never hear that song without a tear in my eye, and a sense of gratefulness that I was graced by Yah with a Mamma of the highest caliber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1zJzr-kWsI

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 08:12:17 pm »
However, the Left wants more government help for mothers, so they can work at "real" jobs outside the home:

There is nothing more destructive to what a woman is, and every single thing a woman cares for, than feminism. It is the destroyer of families, of hearth and home.

Offline Skull

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 03:44:23 pm »
One day in the life of a Mother, compressed into one minute, by one of her sons.  A splendid example of what billions of mothers do every day.  :yowsa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hq61_9oR_M