Author Topic: Hundreds of COVID victims’ bodies still in refrigerated trucks on NYC waterfront  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Hundreds of COVID victims’ bodies still in refrigerated trucks on NYC waterfront

By Mark Lungariello

May 7, 2021 | 12:08am | Updated

Bodies of hundreds of COVID-19 victims lay in refrigerated trucks on the Brooklyn waterfront waiting to be transported to Hart Island.

The bodies of hundreds of New Yorkers are still sitting in a refrigerated morgue on the Brooklyn waterfront more than a year after the COVID-19 pandemic hit the Big Apple.

The remains of about 750 people are in long-term storage in the specially designed disaster morgue that opened in April, a medical official told a City Council committee meeting on Wednesday.

The facility was set up to give families extra time, but the arrangement was always intended to be temporary, said Dina Maniotis, executive deputy commissioner of the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office.

“In the very near future, we will begin to notify all the families that we’ve been working with that we are now going to ramp our operations down slowly, give them the time that they need, and we’ll keep the operation going as they need it,” Maniotis told the City Council’s Committee on Health.

Families of many of the dead still in storage have requested that the city bury their remains on Hart Island, the city’s potter’s field. The families of others have fallen out of contact with the city, Maniotis said.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/many-covid-victims-bodies-still-in-refrigerated-trucks-on-nyc-waterfront/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Bring Out Your Dead!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Andrew should be one of those refrigerated too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Must be too busy writing his latest work of fiction.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline rustynail

What is the 'carbon footprint' of all those refrigerated trucks?