Author Topic: Cheney Never Apologized For Spreading False Russian Bounty Story, Which Was Used Against Republicans  (Read 226 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Cheney Never Apologized For Spreading False Russian Bounty Story, Which Was Used Against Republicans

Cheney openly questioned whether Trump was aware of now-discredited intelligence reports, and amplified concerns of Russian activity in Afghanistan without specifics.

By Tristan Justice
May 6, 2021

House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney is likely to face a second referendum on her role in GOP leadership next week as she continues to undermine her colleagues in the lower chamber.

Three months after surviving the first recall on her role as number three in GOP leadership, Republican colleagues have pushed for a second. This time, however, Cheney doesn’t have the support that emboldened her after the first, and new reporting since then has peeled back the curtain of the threat Cheney’s persistent efforts pose to the party.

Last month, a senior official in the Biden administration revealed there was no truth to the campaign-year blockbuster reporting of Russian bounties on American troops in Afghanistan under the watch of an apathetic American president, apparently complicit in the scheme while adamant of U.S. withdrawal. The story possessed all the earmarks of a routine hit piece, including explosive claims, uncorroborated accounts, and anonymous sources, all published in a legacy outlet such as the New York Times.

Cheney capitalized on the story, treating it as a scandal, and became a primary culprit of its spread to undermine her own party. She touted it as a reason to prolong the U.S. military presence in the region as the administration took steps to pull out. Cheney openly questioned whether Trump was aware of the intelligence reports now known to have not held any credibility, and amplified concerns of Russian activity in Afghanistan without specifics.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/06/cheney-never-apologized-for-spreading-false-russian-bounty-story-which-was-used-against-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Cheney never apologized for voting to proceed with an unconstitutional SHAMpeachment.

Cheney never apologized for voting to convict Trump on a demonstrably false accusation.

Cheney never apologized for voting to convict Trump based, in part, on the known-false claim that Officer Sicknick was killed by January 6th rioters.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

I think Liz Cheney needs to go. Not because of her personal feelings regarding Donald Trump but she’s one of those Republicans that is more interested in hearing her name mentioned with praise by the media.

That never works for Republicans. The media may be singing her praises now. But if the day ever came or she ran for the White House against the Democrat, she would be Mrs. Hitler

Ask Mitt Romney or John McCain how that worked for them.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy