Author Topic: Report: Liz Cheney Is ‘Checked out and Already Accepting Her Fate’  (Read 816 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Liz Cheney Is ‘Checked out and Already Accepting Her Fate’

Wendell Husebo 6 May 2021

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) is reportedly “checked out” and “already accepting her fate” ahead of her potential ousting as Republican Conference Chair.

“House Republican sources tell us Cheney is ‘checked out’ and already accepting her fate. Unlike the last attempt to oust her in February, which she handily defeated, she’s not making calls or whipping,” Politico Playbook asserted Thursday.

The Playbook also contended, “A source close to Cheney said she intends to lean on the argument that leaders should be able to say what they think is right without repercussions.”

But Cheney defended herself in a Washington Post op-ed Wednesday afternoon by accusing McCarthy of having a “changed… story” on Republican caucus politics. Cheney went on to claim she is the true “conservative Republican.”

“I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution,” she argued.

However, President Joe Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) alongside a host of Democrat pundits have backed Cheney’s family-like style of big government politics and opposed McCarthy’s concern over “her ability to carry out the job as conference chair” and “the [Republican] message.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/06/report-liz-cheney-is-checked-out-and-already-accepting-her-fate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Cheney’s problem is the same shared by most NTers, they allow their personal motives, likes and dislikes interfere with what clearly is in the best interests of the nation.

Plus she doesn’t seem to accept that, while we are all entitled to our opinion, we are not exempt from the consequences of loudly expressing our opinion.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:39:05 pm by skeeter »

Online libertybele

Cheney’s problem is the same shared by most NTers, they allow their personal motives, likes and dislikes interfere with what clearly is in the best interests of the nation.

Plus she doesn’t seem to accept that, while we are all entitled to our opinion, we are not exempt from the consequences of loudly expressing our opinion.

I'd say that holds true for most of the GOPe, and DEMS.  They also tend to forget that they work for us!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
CYA Liz.  Don't let the door hit either side where the good Lord split ya.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Your post reminds me of Ben Franklin's quote: 

It's perfectly acceptable to insult someone in private. Sometimes they might even thank you for it afterwards, but when you do it in public, they tend to think you are serious.

@skeeter

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The Playbook also contended, “A source close to Cheney said she intends to lean on the argument that leaders should be able to say what they think is right without repercussions.”

She might be in a "leadership" position, but this statement demonstrates that she has no experience of actual leadership in any context.  Leaders specifically *cannot* say what they think without repercussions, that is one of the fundamentals of leadership.  If a leadership role requires an unacceptable moral compromise, the leader relinquishes the role.

“I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution,” she argued.

If she really believed this she wouldn't have passively sat by and watched an election with such obvious questions about its Constitutionality and credibility, and she would be supporting audit efforts now.

James 1:20

Offline skeeter

Your post reminds me of Ben Franklin's quote: 

@skeeter
Very pithy and succinct.. for a dead white patriarch.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

That's an interesting idea.

Who ever said that the junior Congressman from Wyoming was a "leader"?  Yeah, I know Cheney's the ONLY Congresscritter from Wyoming.   That makes her "not a leader", she has no one to lead.

The ONLY protection the broad has as a member of Congress is that her Idiot Speak and her Idiot Votes on the floor of the House cannot be subjected to criminal penalties.

There's NOTHING saying that the voters won't reject the words the Dumb Broad they sent to represent them utters when she tries to virtue signal to America's enemies that she's one of them.

But Cheney defended herself in a Washington Post op-ed Wednesday afternoon by accusing McCarthy of having a “changed… story” on Republican caucus politics. Cheney went on to claim she is the true “conservative Republican.”

Conservative values don't include the subset of Kangaroo Political Courts.

Nor can she be said to be upholding the Constitution when she rejects all efforts to challenge the illegal electors that put that senile idiot and his whore sidekick into office in January.

Conservatives recognize the Big Lie and don't defend it.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

There has been a hell-of-a-lot of that going on for years now and there is no better time to end it than right now!

:yowsa: Exactly right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

Most people's default operating mode is to put self interest ahead of other concerns. The problem is that our system encourages this behavior.

Offline dfwgator

Like the Motley Crue song said, "Girl, don't go away mad....Girl, just go away."

BassWrangler

Like the Motley Crue song said, "Girl, don't go away mad....Girl, just go away."

Can't wait for her to get the boot. Something tells me that she wont' go quietly, though.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now Republicans want to boot Liz Cheney from CONGRESS: Six GOP challengers are lining up for 2022 battle with Wyoming Rep. who's likely to be voted out as party chair next week

Wyoming Republicans are looking to boot Rep. Liz Cheney from Congress as the GOP Conference chair is facing ousting from her leadership post in the House
    Four Republicans are already seeking to run against Cheney in 2022
    Donald Trump is also looking to recruit two others to take her spot
    The uprising against the congresswoman came after she voted to impeach Trump earlier this year and since then has spoken out against him several times
    The former president is actively looking to get an ally in her at-large House post
    He endorsed on Wednesday New York Rep. Elise Stefanik to become the next Republican Conference chair

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter and Geoff Earle, Deputy U.S. Political Editor and Emily Goodin, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:24 EDT, 6 May 2021 | Updated: 13:56 EDT, 6 May 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9549885/GOP-wants-boot-Liz-Cheney-CONGRESS-six-challengers-lining-2022-battle.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Does Liz hunt like her father?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm still thinking Liz is gonna change parties...she has nothing to lose, she knows she won't win re-election and what better way to get back at all the conservatives.... :smokin:
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

I'm still thinking Liz is gonna change parties...she has nothing to lose, she knows she won't win re-election and what better way to get back at all the conservatives.... :smokin:

I don’t see her switching parties to the Democrats. I see her maybe trying to run as an independent.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

The root of the problem is her ONLY qualifications to be an elected representative of our country is the accident of birth. Dick Cheney is her father,and that sums up all her "qualifications".

Royalty ALWAYS hates it when the unwashed peons threaten their inherited power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She might be in a "leadership" position, but this statement demonstrates that she has no experience of actual leadership in any context.  Leaders specifically *cannot* say what they think without repercussions, that is one of the fundamentals of leadership.  If a leadership role requires an unacceptable moral compromise, the leader relinquishes the role.

If she really believed this she wouldn't have passively sat by and watched an election with such obvious questions about its Constitutionality and credibility, and she would be supporting audit efforts now.

@HoustonSam

She HAD to support the election theft. After all,it was the unwashed and the born poor threatening the inherited power of the privileged.

Royalty never tolerates threats to their power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Kevin McCarthy wants to be speaker.
He needs the MAGAs to get there.
He can't be undermined by his own caucus, nor the truth.

If McCarthy has what it takes to be Speaker, he'll remove Cheney from Leadership as soon as possible.

McCarthy is all in with Cheetos Jesus and his MAGA disciples.

What else does the GOP have to excite people?  Who else does the GOP have to excite people?

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Killer Clouds

Kevin McCarthy wants to be speaker.
He needs the MAGAs to get there.
He can't be undermined by his own caucus, nor the truth.

If McCarthy has what it takes to be Speaker, he'll remove Cheney from Leadership as soon as possible.

McCarthy is all in with Cheetos Jesus and his MAGA disciples.

What else does the GOP have to excite people?  Who else does the GOP have to excite people?

McCarthy won't be the next speaker of the house when the republicants take over anyway. McCarthy is a POS RINO.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Cheny speaks the same leftist drivel, psychobabble as do our own NeverTrumpers, and they firmly believe they should be utterly immune to any consequences.   It's like the corrupt, lying, deceiving tyrants of old come back to haunt humanity to achieve humanities destruction and enslavement-desolation.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:00:09 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions