Author Topic: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to Unemployed: Start Looking for a Job  (Read 843 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to Unemployed: Start Looking for a Job

Katherine Rodriguez
6 May 2021

Floridians who receive unemployment benefits will soon have to show proof they are job-hunting, according to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

DeSantis took away the requirement that people on benefits look for work early in the pandemic when unemployment was on the rise and few employers were hiring.

But DeSantis has lifted pandemic-era restrictions on businesses, and the unemployment rate is lower than the national average.

“Normally, when you’re getting unemployment, the whole idea is that’s temporary, and you need to be looking for work to be able to get off unemployment,” DeSantis told reporters Wednesday. “It was a disaster, so we suspended those job search requirements. I think it’s pretty clear now, we have an abundance of job openings.”

DeSantis added the previous executive order allowing an exception for the work-search requirement would likely end on May 29.

“We absolutely can put more people to work. The demand is there. Business what to hire more people, and I think we can go in that direction very soon,” DeSantis said.

DeSantis said a few weeks ago he does not favor raising Florida’s unemployment benefits, adding he is instead focused on getting people back to work.

The Florida governor also recently signed legislation banning vaccine passports in Florida, signaling he is opening up the state as coronavirus restrictions ease throughout most of the country.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/05/06/florida-gov-ron-desantis-to-unemployed-start-looking-for-a-job/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to Unemployed: Start Looking for a Job
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 05:20:25 pm »
The liberal press hates deSantis.   Every day there is a hate piece written about the Gov.  In the Miami Hermit New, The Orlando UnSensible and the Tampa Bat Crimes.

I love it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 05:24:12 pm »
The liberal press hates deSantis.   Every day there is a hate piece written about the Gov.  In the Miami Hermit New, The Orlando UnSensible and the Tampa Bat Crimes.

I love it.

Local news is in a tizzy over his new election laws as well; he's being sued. 

I'm waiting for the leftist witch hunt to begin.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:29:54 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 02:02:31 am »
Families will soon be getting $300 per child....no need to work and what an incentive to keep having more kids.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 06:01:23 am »

I love it.
They are afraid he is going to run for POTUS someday, so the hit parade is prophylactic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis