Author Topic: Derek Hunter: Why I Haven’t Gotten The Shot (Yet?)  (Read 75 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: Why I Haven’t Gotten The Shot (Yet?)
« on: May 06, 2021, 02:57:34 pm »
Why I Haven’t Gotten The Shot (Yet?)
Derek Hunter

Posted: May 06, 2021 12:01 AM

When it comes to technology, I’m an early adapter. I usually get the newest tech that interests me as soon as it is available, unless the upgrade is so minimal it’s not worth it. (I skipped the iPhone 11, for example, since the only upgrade was minimal and mostly to the camera). So I’m not afraid of new things or averse to change. But when it comes to putting something in my body, I have no desire to be Neil Armstrong on that. As far as the COVID 19 vaccines go, I’m willing to wait a while.

I should preface this by admitting that I don’t really miss socializing. My wife and I have two kids, ages 3 and 2, so it’s not like we were living the jet-set life anyway. Staying at home is my preferred mode. When I was single, I was out almost every night. But I’m not single, so having friends over is a much more appealing option, and we have exercised that option.

But it’s not just by lack of desire to hit the bars or the fear of some doorknob licking fetish returning that has me waiting to get the COVID 19 vaccine, it’s that it is so new.

Operation Warp Speed was a miracle, and one we desperately needed. It makes me proud to be an American that our country did it and it yielded multiple vaccines that work. And I have no doubt that they work. I just don’t know what else, if anything, they do.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/05/06/why-i-havent-gotten-the-shot-yet-n2588997
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34