Author Topic: Biden’s animated ‘Joey, Baby’ cheek-grabbing Amtrak story doesn’t add up  (Read 408 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s animated ‘Joey, Baby’ cheek-grabbing Amtrak story doesn’t add up
May 6, 2021 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

President Joe Biden celebrated Amtrak’s 50th anniversary with a speech at an event in Philadelphia where he fondly recalled his more than 1.5 million miles riding the train over the years, but the details of his story are seemingly full of inconsistencies.

“When I became Vice President, one of the Capitol Hill newspapers estimated that I had taken more than 7,000 round trips on Amtrak over my career. I think that’s an exaggeration. And I’m going to rely on — there’s two conductors that Mr. Weaver will remember. One of them was a guy named Angelo Negri,” Biden stated last Friday while speaking publicly during an event honoring Amtrak’s 50th anniversary. He has long supported the railway and its workers.

“There was an article, I guess my fourth or fifth year as vice president, saying Biden travels 1,300,000 miles on Air Force One [Two]. I used to – the Secret Service didn’t like it – but I used to like to take the train home. My mom was sick and I used to try to come home almost every weekend as vice president to see her. I got on the train and Angelo Negri came up and he goes, ‘Joey, baby,’ and he grabbed my cheek like he always did. I thought he was going to get shot. I’m serious. I said, ‘No, no, he’s a friend,'” Biden explained.

“He said, ‘Joey, what’s the big deal? 1,300,000 miles on Air Force Two? Do you know how many miles you traveled on Amtrak?’ I said, ‘No, Angie, I don’t know.’ He gave me the calculation and he said you traveled 1,500,000 miles on Amtrak. The fact is, I’d probably take Angie’s word before I’d take the word of what the article said,” the president remarked.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/05/06/bidens-animated-joey-baby-cheek-grabbing-amtrak-story-doesnt-check-out-1069941/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
ol' joe was a regular rider back in his Senate days, so conductors (who held regular assignments) on the trains he rode to DC and back were on friendly terms with him. I recall someone saying that he always had a ticket, although the conductors may not have "lifted" it. That was on the NY Penn to DC side, I was on the NYP to Boston side (different seniority district).