Author Topic: Pollster Frank Luntz: Trump's 'Big Lie' is working, may cost GOP votes  (Read 1416 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pollster Frank Luntz: Trump's 'Big Lie' is working, may cost GOP votes
By Tal Axelrod - 05/06/21 08:38 AM EDT

Veteran GOP pollster Frank Luntz warned that former President Trump’s repeated assertions that the 2020 presidential election was rigged against him could hurt Republican efforts to take back the House in 2022.

Luntz noted in an interview on the New York Times podcast “Sway” released Thursday that “more than two-thirds of Republicans believe that the election was stolen,” warning that a widespread and unproven belief that there was rampant fraud last November could turn Republicans off from voting in the midterm elections.

“What Donald Trump is saying is actually telling people it's not worth it to vote. Donald Trump single-handedly may cause people not to vote. And he may be the greatest tool in the Democrats' arsenal to keep control of the House and Senate in 2022,” Luntz said.

The warning comes as Republicans face an intraparty debate over the future of Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), the No. 3 House Republican.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/552076-gop-pollster-frank-luntz-trumps-big-lie-is-working-may-cost-gop-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Much better for us if we all just pretend it didn't happen.

Thanks for the advise, Frank. Always appreciated.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Frankie, Go poll someone.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
“What Donald Trump is saying is actually telling people it's not worth it to vote. Donald Trump single-handedly may cause people not to vote. And he may be the greatest tool in the Democrats' arsenal to keep control of the House and Senate in 2022,” Luntz said.

State-level election integrity reforms are the antidote, not pretending that we didn't see the midnight vote fairy visits to swing states, the actual video evidence of illegal, unobserved vote counting in Georgia, and the Constitutional authority of the PA legislature usurped.
James 1:20

Offline bilo

State-level election integrity reforms are the antidote, not pretending that we didn't see the midnight vote fairy visits to swing states, the actual video evidence of illegal, unobserved vote counting in Georgia, and the Constitutional authority of the PA legislature usurped.

This is what's encouraging me. We are seeing Red States passing election integrity laws which should help in the future. I know in some cases the State Legislatures are running into problems with Rat Gov.'s but for once an effort is being made instead of the typical Pub "clutching of pearls".

Trump is transforming the Pub party. There is a cadre of fighters and hopefully their numbers will grow.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo wrote:
"This is what's encouraging me. We are seeing Red States passing election integrity laws which should help in the future."

This is a good thing, but...

... unless similar election integrity laws are passed in the battleground states that mattered in 2020 (such as Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania), the demo-communists will still have the upper hand in "controlling" the elections IN those states in 2022 and in 2024.

And I don't see any election reforms in those states as of yet...

Offline bilo

bilo wrote:
"This is what's encouraging me. We are seeing Red States passing election integrity laws which should help in the future."

This is a good thing, but...

... unless similar election integrity laws are passed in the battleground states that mattered in 2020 (such as Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania), the demo-communists will still have the upper hand in "controlling" the elections IN those states in 2022 and in 2024.

And I don't see any election reforms in those states as of yet...

I don't think we will see anything signed into law in those States because of the Gov.'s, but we may see some Pub pick ups in 2022 in those States just because of peoples disgust with how the Rats stole the election and what they are doing now. I don't know when the Gov.'s in these States are up for re-election but when they are we can hope the trend continues.

AZ., TX., GA., FL., TN., to name a few have started reforming their election laws, these are key States for Pubs. I'm happy seeing the Pubs working to solidify their base at the same time they are pushing for reform at toss up States.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Slide Rule

Frankie, Go poll someone.

Luntz is no backer of conservative principle. It says in the article that Luntz is a veteran
GOP pollster but nothing about his leanings. I haven't seen his actions helping conservatives
in any way.

If Frankie is conservative he is a dud. Yes he has been on TV making money talking but to
what effect?

Cancel his TV gig and let the dims pay for his dim message.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Luntz is no backer of conservative principle. It says in the article that Luntz is a veteran
GOP pollster but nothing about his leanings. I haven't seen his actions helping conservatives
in any way.

If Frankie is conservative he is a dud. Yes he has been on TV making money talking but to
what effect?

Cancel his TV gig and let the dims pay for his dim message.

Tucker Carlson has been pulling Luntz's wings off over his leftism.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

How does "Trump's 'Big Lie' is working" not contradict "may cost GOP votes"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

Biden won, Trump lost....fairly, squarely, and bigly. Trump's ego demands that he not accept losing to a moldy sack of potatoes named Joe Biden.
But lose he did.
Get over Trump, and get on with a different candidate who won't lie to you nearly as much as Trump.
Trump is a loser...ditch him and get a better candidate for 2024.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden won, Trump lost....fairly, squarely, and bigly. Trump's ego demands that he not accept losing to a moldy sack of potatoes named Joe Biden.
But lose he did.
Get over Trump, and get on with a different candidate who won't lie to you nearly as much as Trump.

Man it must be hard for you to walk with the stick placed up your rectum.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump
10:11am May 7, 2021

At 6:31 in the morning on November 4th, a dump of 149,772 votes came in to the State of Michigan. Biden received 96% of those votes and the State miraculously went to him. Has the Michigan State Senate started their review of the Fraudulent Presidential Election of 2020 yet, or are they about to start? If not, they should be run out of office.

Likewise, at 3:42 in the morning, a dump of 143,379 votes came in to the state of Wisconsin, also miraculously, given to Biden. Where did these “votes” come from? Both were State Election changing events, and that is on top of the other corruption without even including the fact that neither state got Legislative approval, which is required under the United States Constitution.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk/desk-sv5wzzsjev/   

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Odd how democrats outrageous lying for many decades is not a problem, but accusing Republicans of lying is their destruction.  Looks like many liars believe their unity/solidarity will overthrow reality!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline goatprairie

Odd how democrats outrageous lying for many decades is not a problem, but accusing Republicans of lying is their destruction.  Looks like many liars believe their unity/solidarity will overthrow reality!
Two wrongs don't make  a right. Following Trump down his path of lies will only lead to more disaster for the GOP.

Offline skeeter

Two wrongs don't make  a right. Following Trump down his path of lies will only lead to more disaster for the GOP.
On the other hand I hear Mitt Romney could use good county coordinator in your area. Why not give his office a buzz?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On the other hand I hear Mitt Romney could use good county coordinator in your area. Why not give his office a buzz?

I wasn't aware John Brennan is a Briefer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline MajorClay

I don't believe it.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
But lose he did.

That's the Big Lie.   Naturally the shills have to repeat it.

The facts are that Trump won the election and the Rodents stole it.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Our pipelines can be hacked but the election was the most secure ever

11:44 PM · May 9, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1391599995166547970

Offline goatprairie

That's the Big Lie.   Naturally the shills have to repeat it.

The facts are that Trump won the election and the Rodents stole it.
But you have no facts to show massive fraud. Every time you Trumpsters claim massive fraud, you are asked to prove it. But you just keep screaming fraud without proving anything.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But you have no facts to show massive fraud. Every time you Trumpsters claim massive fraud, you are asked to prove it. But you just keep screaming fraud without proving anything.

The evidence has been explained to you more times that I can count, but you refuse to see it.  That's on you, not everybody else. 

As another said, I can deal with ideological differences, but a refusal to face reality is hopeless.
I will NOT comply.