Author Topic: Nearly Half of Female Soldiers Still Failing New Army Fitness Test  (Read 268 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Full title: Nearly Half of Female Soldiers Still Failing New Army Fitness Test, While Males Pass Easily

Excerpt:

More than seven months after the official launch of the Army Combat Fitness Test, or ACFT, nearly half of female soldiers are still falling short, with enlisted women struggling the most, Military.com has learned. The data again raises questions about whether the Army's attempt to create a fitter force is creating more barriers to success for women.

Internal Army figures from April show 44% of women failed the ACFT, compared to 7% of men since Oct. 1. "Female soldiers continue to lag male soldier scores in all events," according to a United States Army Forces Command briefing obtained by Military.com.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/05/10/nearly-half-of-female-soldiers-still-failing-new-army-fitness-test-while-males-pass-easily.html

One would think this should never be a problem for our military servicemembers, yet it's been a problem for nearly 45 years. IMO, it comes down to leadership, iow, the chain of command is failing its soldiers for not prioritizing physical fitness.

In my last job in the Army, I commanded a HQs battery at Fort Bliss...you know, cooks and typists, basically. My soldiers worked at the CGs staff, and six other directorates. I don't recall the exact demographics, but IIRC at least 40% of my battery was female, and the average age was in the mid 30s.

I had them for one hour a day, which we spent on 20 minutes of calisthenics and a two mile run in formation...with jodies, of course. It resulted in a 98.5% pass rate on the PT test.

IMO, our military's chain of command is broken, taken over by the Courtney Massengales of the military, while they run the Sam Damons out of the service (Once an Eagle reference).
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline MajorClay

Re: Nearly Half of Female Soldiers Still Failing New Army Fitness Test
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 08:31:42 pm »
I was ADA too.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Nearly Half of Female Soldiers Still Failing New Army Fitness Test
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 11:12:47 pm »
I was ADA too.

I recall ADA's motto: We Eat Our Young.   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.