Poll

After Dating for 6 Months, Is it too Early to give your significant other THE key to your house?

No, nothing is Free anymore
5 (22.7%)
You're a fool
7 (31.8%)
You obviously didn't think this through, Can't she squeeze through the Doggie Door?
5 (22.7%)
BIG Mistake, Prostitutes no longer require face masks
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 16, 2021, 03:58:51 am

Author Topic: After Dating for 6 Months, Is it too Early to give your significant other THE key to your house?  (Read 10810 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I didn't vote for either one. If she can't fit through the doggie door there's always the bathroom window.

🎶 she came in through the bathroom window🎶

The Beatles
Edit:

Oh dang, you all beat me to it.

But it is a good song, Abbey RoAd was a good album.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 04:55:27 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I saw a documentary on the brutality he inflicted upon her.

After living through Ike's “torture” for 16 years (as she described it to People in '81), Turner (then 37) divorced the musician in 1976. Their divorce was finalized in 1978, but she got close to nothing from it. All she got was two cars and the rights to her stage name.

She made it on her own; she didn't need a key.  Her estimated net worth is $250 million!  They were both inducted into the Hall of Fame but Ike was serving 18 mos for drug possession and couldn't attend. Later,  she did not attend his funeral; good for her.                                                     

@libertybele

Tina Turner was damn near a super power on stage. The band would hit a note,and she would just freaking explode.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

@corbe

Why is there no weed option?  After 6 months, she probably knows where you stash your weed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

🎶 she came in through the bathroom window🎶

The Beatles
Edit:

Oh dang, you all beat me to it.

But it is a good song, Abbey RoAd was a good album.

Yes a good song, but I liked Joe Cocker's version better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Really a tough one for me to answer, never reached a six month level of dating per say. I got engaged to my wife of 45 years after four months of dating and she was only the third girl I ever dated  :pondering: not sure that even counts because I told her I was going to put a ring on her finger first time we went out. That's what happens from being 19 and stupid.

19 and stupid?   Your marriage has lasted 45 years, give yourself some credit here.

I did date a guy who on the first date, took me to look at wedding dresses and showed me the church we were going to get married in.  I never dated him again! He scared me.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

My girlfriend (now wife) and I had been on about 10 dates when I gave her a cashier's check and power of attorney to buy a house for cash.  I had been trying to get the deal closed before I returned to working overseas and they could not make it happen fast enough.

Granted, a couple of those dates lasted nearly a week each.

We had been friends for a couple of years but our courtship was mostly by mail the preceding 9 months or so.

When it is right, it is right.

Offline libertybele

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Yes a good song, but I liked Joe Cocker's version better.

@libertybele

IIRC,so did the Beatles.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
19 and stupid?   Your marriage has lasted 45 years, give yourself some credit here.

I did date a guy who on the first date, took me to look at wedding dresses and showed me the church we were going to get married in.  I never dated him again! He scared me.

@libertybele

Why? Did you think he might be a little obsessive?

I once dated a redheaded woman (my all-time favorite kind of woman) who asked me on our second date "What are you going to buy my son for his birthday?"

Her son seemed to be a perfectly nice toddler,but I was maybe 20 years old and this was on our second date,so I told him "I'm not going to buy him anything."

She responded with "Don't you love him?"

I responded with "Hell,no! I don't even love you!"

And that was the end of the second,and final date.

I still think I dodged a bullet on that one to this very day.

Offline corbe

@corbe

Why is there no weed option?  After 6 months, she probably knows where you stash your weed.

@Hoodat I made the terrible mistake of getting involved with with my connection.  If it all goes sideways I'll be in Rehab real quick. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat I made the terrible mistake of getting involved with with my connection.  If it all goes sideways I'll be in Rehab real quick.

One benefit to being in rehab is that you can't be arrested, at least not in Georgia.  Rehab is considered 'psychiatric care' and protects a 'patient' from any outstanding warrants.

Don't ask me how I know this.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Gee, this is sounding so familiar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEvL6jxUYA

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Why? Did you think he might be a little obsessive?

I once dated a redheaded woman (my all-time favorite kind of woman) who asked me on our second date "What are you going to buy my son for his birthday?"

Her son seemed to be a perfectly nice toddler,but I was maybe 20 years old and this was on our second date,so I told him "I'm not going to buy him anything."

She responded with "Don't you love him?"

I responded with "Hell,no! I don't even love you!"

And that was the end of the second,and final date.

I still think I dodged a bullet on that one to this very day.

I think he was a lot obsessive.  He had a violent streak to him as well.  Prior to taking taking a look at bridal gowns, we had a few drinks, the place was busy and someone accidentally spilled a tiny bit of their drink on him; he was getting ready to haul off and punch him , when a few patrons stepped in and held him back.  Guy was a whack-a-doo.

As for your situation, I think you dodged a bullet  too. I think she was looking for someone to support her and her kid.

Offline corbe

Gee, this is sounding so familiar....

BUT, this is how I really feel about most $hit.

Rhymes With Bucket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bACVEwPC3B4

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I just hope and wonder if @Texas Robin and I will end up like this.

Bob Dylan - Beyond Here Lies Nothin' (Explicit Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TbmP2vXeQs

Offline libertybele

BUT, this is how I really feel about most $hit.

Rhymes With Bucket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bACVEwPC3B4

First time I've ever heard this song and any more I have to agree with you, it's how I feel about most things.  Indeed the best way to get by is to do your own thing!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 12:07:19 am by libertybele »

Offline The_Reader_David

Cash, Grass, or Ass ,no one gets a key for free.

But as you're taking that attitude, I'm guessing dating for six months would involve much of the last of those three, so is that a "Yes?"
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline corbe

@Texas Robin and I have hit the Trifecta because we share all 3 and a credit card is required for only one.

And everybody knows that the Plague is coming
Everybody knows that it's moving fast
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
Are just a shining artifact of the past
Everybody knows the scene is dead
But there's gonna be a meter on your bed
That will disclose
What everybody knows

Leornard Cohen

Offline corbe

I removed YES from the second option to allow all you modest Briefers to REALLY express yourselves.

*  I can do that in this Category.

Offline dancer

Crap, I'm stoned.  I actually had to look that up.
:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline dancer

Love Cocker!  My favorite song by him is, "You Can leave Your Hat On."

Offline Hoodat

Joe Cocker  -  Delta Lady

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

I like his rock 'n roll tunes, but I think that this was one of his best.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAr9umnZ54
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:07:28 am by libertybele »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is one of MY personal favorite Joe Cocker songs. Kinda like the video,too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgwrdYUQ2A