Poll

After Dating for 6 Months, Is it too Early to give your significant other THE key to your house?

No, nothing is Free anymore
5 (22.7%)
You're a fool
7 (31.8%)
You obviously didn't think this through, Can't she squeeze through the Doggie Door?
5 (22.7%)
BIG Mistake, Prostitutes no longer require face masks
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 16, 2021, 03:58:51 am

Author Topic: After Dating for 6 Months, Is it too Early to give your significant other THE key to your house?  (Read 10860 times)

Online corbe

She gave me a rare Japanese cut of my Favorite Artist, Todd Snider.  I was dumbstruck (and stoned), so I reached into my empty pocket and lo and behold all I had was my house key. 

I'm glad my pockets are too small to carry drawers and closet space for all 'her' accessories.

@Texas Robin
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

It's a moot point @corbe ...

If you're like me, she's been doing the step and fetch with your wallet in hand, and the laundry (cleaning out your pockets), not to mention cleaning up the place... She has had ample opportunity to get keys made since early on. So your giving her a key is more symbolic than anything else.

If she's been there 6 months your belly won't let you give her up anyhow.

But I DID check the doggie door option, because it is an important attribute in case y'all get locked out... Lord knows I ain't fitting through the dog door, which leaves but one option.  :shrug:

Congratulations.  :laugh: :seeya:

Offline roamer_1

Which brings another subject to mind... Any woman can walk in anywhere with any man's credit card and have her way with it. But it don't work the other way around. Figgers.

Offline libertybele

I didn't vote for either one. If she can't fit through the doggie door there's always the bathroom window.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I didn't vote for either one. If she can't fit through the doggie door there's always the bathroom window.

The last time I got locked out I had to kick the door in. There goes three hundred bucks.
Then I remembered I could pick the lock... and my picks were in the truck.
Then I remembered there's a master set of keys for my place down at the ranch.
Sh*t. That's what happens when you ain't got a woman.

Online corbe

I never gave my last one a key and she lived here off/on for 10 years.  Granted when she was doing meth she could fit through my Doggie door.  Robin is much more financially off as I am.
    Besides, it's one of those locks that are easy to rekey anyway, if things go sideways, which I doubt.
    Robin has a lot to do with keeping me grounded, Good Women.

Yes, I voted the prostitution thing, too.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

The last time I got locked out I had to kick the door in. There goes three hundred bucks.
Then I remembered I could pick the lock... and my picks were in the truck.
Then I remembered there's a master set of keys for my place down at the ranch.
Sh*t. That's what happens when you ain't got a woman.

My best friend and I went out to the bar and when we left the bar I discovered that I locked my keys in the car...so...I had to call my boyfriend (now husband) that I just started dating at 2 a.m. in the morning to come rescue me....I knew he was handy with picks.  It was a tad tricky as there was a cop sitting across the street. All ended well though. We laugh now but it wasn't funny then.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

My best friend and I went out to the bar and when we left the bar I discovered that I locked my keys in the car...so...I had to call my boyfriend (now husband) that I just started dating at 2 a.m. in the morning to come rescue me....I knew he was handy with picks.  It was a tad tricky as there was a cop sitting across the street. All ended well though. We laugh now but it wasn't funny then.

Locks only keep honest people honest... Really.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

Kinda like passwords...  :whistle:

Offline thackney

My girlfriend (now wife) and I had been on about 10 dates when I gave her a cashier's check and power of attorney to buy a house for cash.  I had been trying to get the deal closed before I returned to working overseas and they could not make it happen fast enough.

Granted, a couple of those dates lasted nearly a week each.

We had been friends for a couple of years but our courtship was mostly by mail the preceding 9 months or so.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

My girlfriend (now wife) and I had been on about 10 dates when I gave her a cashier's check and power of attorney to buy a house for cash.  I had been trying to get the deal closed before I returned to working overseas and they could not make it happen fast enough.

We had been friends for a couple of years but our courtship was mostly by mail the preceding 9 months or so.

I say you more or less gave her the keys to the whole kingdom. Glad it worked out for you.

Offline roamer_1

If she's the sort to calmly move into the traces and start pulling some load, you're more or less obliged to let her. It is just a matter of efficiency. She cannot represent you, or your household, without the tools to do so... so at least with me, that normalization comes quickly.

Offline thackney

If she's the sort to calmly move into the traces and start pulling some load, you're more or less obliged to let her. It is just a matter of efficiency. She cannot represent you, or your household, without the tools to do so... so at least with me, that normalization comes quickly.

:beer:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

Locks only keep honest people honest... Really.  :shrug:

This is very true.  No illegal activity anyways; always to aid and assist.    happy77

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Cash, Grass, or Ass ,no one gets a key for free.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Cash, Grass, or Ass ,no one gets a key for free.

Definitely no love in the air?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Definitely no love in the air?

"What's Love Got to do with it?"

-Ike Turner

:smokin:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"What's Love Got to do with it?"

-Ike Turner

:smokin:

Was that before or after he kicked Tina's azz?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Was that before or after he kicked Tina's azz?

I saw a documentary on the brutality he inflicted upon her.

After living through Ike's “torture” for 16 years (as she described it to People in '81), Turner (then 37) divorced the musician in 1976. Their divorce was finalized in 1978, but she got close to nothing from it. All she got was two cars and the rights to her stage name.

She made it on her own; she didn't need a key.  Her estimated net worth is $250 million!  They were both inducted into the Hall of Fame but Ike was serving 18 mos for drug possession and couldn't attend. Later,  she did not attend his funeral; good for her.                                                       
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 07:56:44 pm by libertybele »

Offline Hoodat

Protected by a silver-spoon
But now she sucks her thumb and wanders
By the banks of her own lagoon
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Your guess is as good as mine, if not better.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

This is very true.  No illegal activity anyways; always to aid and assist.    happy77

That is kinda my normal, though I do admit to having a bit of trouble staying inside the lines from time to time...  :whistle: :cool:

Offline libertybele

Protected by a silver-spoon
But now she sucks her thumb and wanders
By the banks of her own lagoon

Didn't anybody tell her?
Didn't anybody see?
Sunday's on the phone to Monday
Tuesday's on the phone to me

Online corbe

Crap, I'm stoned.  I actually had to look that up.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Really a tough one for me to answer, never reached a six month level of dating per say. I got engaged to my wife of 45 years after four months of dating and she was only the third girl I ever dated  :pondering: not sure that even counts because I told her I was going to put a ring on her finger first time we went out. That's what happens from being 19 and stupid.