Author Topic: Cheney hits 'Trump cult of personality,' says she'll keep speaking out  (Read 843 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney hits 'Trump cult of personality,' says she'll keep speaking out
By Mychael Schnell - 05/05/21 05:38 PM EDT

House Republican Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney (Wyo.) on Wednesday urged the GOP to steer away from what she called a "Trump cult of personality" while vowing to continue speaking out amid backlash from her congressional colleagues.

Cheney, the No. 3 House Republican, has come under increasing attack from GOP lawmakers over her vote to impeach former President Trump earlier this year. In a Washington Post op-ed Wednesday afternoon, Cheney said she stood by her earlier criticisms of Trump and called on the party to back away from his claims that the 2020 election was stolen, saying he is “seeking to unravel critical elements of our constitutional structure.”

“Trump is seeking to unravel critical elements of our constitutional structure that make democracy work — confidence in the result of elections and the rule of law. No other American president has ever done this,” Cheney wrote.

Cheney pushed back on rising pressure and criticism she has received in recent weeks and vowed to “defend the basic principles that underpin and protect” freedom and the U.S. democratic process.

“History is watching. Our children are watching. We must be brave enough to defend the basic principles that underpin and protect our freedom and our democratic process. I am committed to doing that, no matter what the short-term political consequences might be,” she wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/552023-cheney-says-shell-keep-speaking-out-no-matter-what-the-short-term-political
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump would not have shut down leasing and drilling permits in half the State, nor would he  have declared war on the considerable coal industry there. You have chosen to side against your constituents, Ms. Cheney, and should be removed asap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

She's a fool. She needs to go.

Offline skeeter

I wonder what demographic she's playing to. It ain't the base.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Please keep talking Lezzie.  Don't let your voters forget your treachery.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wonder if she thinks she's following Dad's advice @skeeter    :laugh:

Cheney's advice to daughter: 'Don't screw it up'
The Hill, May 3, 2019

Dick Cheney had this piece of advice for his daughter after Rep. Liz Cheney’s (R-Wyo.) election to House leadership: “Don’t screw it up.”

Liz Cheney relayed the anecdote during an appearance on Rep. Sean Duffy’s (R-Wis.) “Plaidcast” podcast, saying the former vice president offered the advice while visiting on the day of her election as conference chair.

“It was really special for me to have him there,” she said. “And I did ask his advice — and he's warmer and fuzzier than his public persona — but the advice he gave was pretty vintage Dick Cheney. He said, ‘Liz, just don't screw it up.’ ”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/442030-cheneys-advice-to-daughter-dont-screw-it-up

Offline skeeter

I wonder if she thinks she's following Dad's advice @skeeter    :laugh:
Ol Dick was pretty savvy - I’m pretty sure he would consider going to war with your base ‘screwing it up’.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
If Rodents like Cheney want to restore the public's faith in the integrity of elections, the first thing they have to do is stop stealing elections.

Trump's wasn't the first election they stole.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think Liz should go right on attacking Trump and his supporters, it's worked out so well for her so far. As a matter of fact I think she should amp it up a couple of notches.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

Looks like she's aiming for a spot on CNN or MSLSD or The View.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looks like she's aiming for a spot on CNN or MSLSD or The View.

The View will gladly accept any canyon yodeler.  Look at Fat Meghan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The View will gladly accept any canyon yodeler.  Look at Fat Meghan.

She's got the look.  Old Haggard white man hater.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She's got the look.  Old Haggard white man hater.

It fits like a Latex glove.
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn  999yawn
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.