Author Topic: GOP Now Threatening to Break up Facebook After Decision Upholding Ban on Trump  (Read 377 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Now Threatening to Break up Facebook After Decision Upholding Ban on Trump
By Nick Arama | May 05, 2021 4:15 PM ET

As we reported earlier today, Facebook’s Oversight Board upheld the social media platform’s indefinite ban on President Donald Trump, despite also finding that an indefinite ban violated Facebook’s own rules and calling on the platform to “determine and justify a proportionate response that is consistent with the rules that are applied to other users of its platform.” They gave the platform six months to come up with that proportionate response.

The decision was not well received by Republicans who already feel that the platform has not been fair to them and imposes its rules unevenly.

Mark Meadows, President Donald Trump’s former chief of staff decried the decision and said that members of Congress were looking into whether they needed to break up Facebook.

From Fox News:

“It is a sad day for America. It’s a sad day for Facebook because I can tell you, a number of members of Congress are now looking at: Do they break up Facebook, do they make sure that they don’t have a monopoly? And I can tell you that it is two different standards, one for Donald Trump and one for a number of other people that are on their sites,” Trump’s former chief of staff Mark Meadows told “America’s Newsroom.”

“Facebook and Twitter and others have clearly established two different sets of rules. One if you’re a conservative or a Republican or have a different ideology than them and one if you’re a liberal,” Corey Lewandowski, a Trump’s longtime political adviser, said in a radio interview.

“This ‘decision’ is absurd,” conservative commentator Ben Shapiro wrote on Twitter.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/05/05/gop-now-threatening-to-break-up-facebook-after-decision-upholding-ban-on-trump-n374864
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Same ole same ole. 

A GOP Threaten in one hand...... Poop in the other.

Which one will get filled.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Break it up?

Like how the fedgov broke up the Bell System?

No.

That will just mean there will be a dozen different sociopathic Rodent organizations all stealing and selling our personal information for profit while censoring anti-Rodent content.

What should be done is simple:

Ban the sale of private information by private companies, REQUIRE companies that collect such information to become both civilly liable for the illegal sale of private information, and require that any release of such information to government agencies but pursuant to properly written subpoena or search warrant.

Ban any operation that links personal internet searches and purchases to advertisers.    I searched for a replacement pool pump last week using my cell phone.   Now this browser on my PC is calling forth all sorts of advertisements from Leslie's Pool Supplies.  Must be just a coincidence.

Anyway, the TELEPHONE companies are not allowed to divulge our names, addresses and phone numbers to other commercial or private parties.   Time to place the other communications companies under similar restrictions, no matter how large or small they might be.

But I am 100% certain that we will see laws forbidding elected Congressmen from getting rich on the stock market while in office before we see laws with real teeth against Fakebook and Twitter and Google/You-Tube.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:53:59 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online libertybele

Break it up?

Like how the fedgov broke up the Bell System?

No.

That will just mean there will be a dozen different sociopathic Rodent organizations all stealing and selling our personal information for profit while censoring anti-Rodent content.

What should be done is simple:

Ban the sale of private information by private companies, REQUIRE companies that collect such information to become both civilly liable for the illegal sale of private information, and require that any release of such information to government agencies but pursuant to properly written subpoena or search warrant.

Ban any operation that links personal internet searches and purchases to advertisers.    I searched for a replacement pool pump last week using my cell phone.   Now this browser on my PC is calling forth all sorts of advertisements from Leslie's Pool Supplies.  Must be just a coincidence.

Anyway, the TELEPHONE companies are not allowed to divulge our names, addresses and phone numbers to other commercial or private parties.   Time to place the other communications companies under similar restrictions, no matter how large or small they might be.

But I am 100% certain that we will see laws forbidding elected Congressmen from getting rich on the stock market while in office before we see laws with real teeth against Fakebook and Twitter and Google/You-Tube.

I remember the break up of Ma Bell.  It was a huge deal.  Now we have cell phones and most people don't have land lines.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.