Author Topic: Biden: GOP in the midst of a 'mini-revolution'  (Read 460 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: GOP in the midst of a 'mini-revolution'
« on: May 05, 2021, 08:05:40 pm »
Biden: GOP in the midst of a 'mini-revolution'
By Brett Samuels - 05/05/21 03:29 PM EDT

Biden: Cheney drama shows GOP in midst of a mini-revolution

President Biden said Wednesday it appears the GOP is going through a "mini-revolution" amid a public rift among House members loyal to former President Trump and those such as Republican Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney (Wyo.) who have been sharply critical of him.

"It seems as though the Republican Party is trying to identify what it stands for. And they're in the midst of significant sort of mini-revolution going on in the Republican Party," Biden told reporters after giving remarks on aid for restaurants during the coronavirus pandemic.

"I’ve been a Democrat for a long time. We've gone through periods where we’ve had internal fights, disagreements. I don’t remember any like this," he added. "We badly need a Republican Party. We need a two-party system. It’s not healthy to have a one-party system. And I think the Republicans are further away from trying to figure out who they are and what they stand for than I thought they would be at this point."

Biden's comments come as House Republicans have turned on Cheney for her repeated denunciations of Trump's false claims about the 2020 election.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/551994-biden-gop-going-through-a-mini-revolution

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Biden: GOP in the midst of a 'mini-revolution'
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 08:15:35 pm »
"Mini" revolution?  I'd like to think differently!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 08:26:57 pm »
We need a two-party system. It’s not healthy to have a one-party system.

This from the asshat-in-Chief who governs like a tinpot dictator.  Man that is rich.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 08:33:59 pm »
Joe is right about one thing, the GOP is trying to identify what it stands for.  Amen on that one.

The GOP needs to stand for conservatism period and offer complete opposition to the DEM party!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:44:59 pm »
"I’ve been a Democrat for a long time. We've gone through periods where we’ve had internal fights, disagreements. I don’t remember any like this," he added.

Yes, people with advanced Alzheimer's don't remember much of anything.

And the last time the Rodent Party had a major divisional split, they brokered their own National Convention, fielded THREE candidates for Presidential Nominee and started the Civil War.   

Ever since then they're largely agreed that their goal is the subversion of the Constitution of the United States and the re-enslavement of those pesky Knee-Grows.

The Americans, on the other hand, have seen their political party infected with Stealth Rodents, and the revolt is how the Americans are going to ethnically cleanse their party before we get down to the Big Fight against the Big Liars.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:59 pm »
I think this is wishful thinking on Biden's part.  His party is going to get routed in 2022, and while there might be some minor disagreement among Republicans as to what they are voting FOR, everyone is very clear as to what hey are voting AGAINST.

As for Cheney and Romney, I think they are surprised that Trump continues to have legs after his fall.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 09:49:47 pm »
"We badly need a two party system - as cover for our one party despotism."

What does a "president" who has set records issuing executive orders need with a two party system anyway? Everything that comes out of this guy's mouth is a flat lie said purely because it sounds righteous.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:54:27 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 09:55:46 pm »
I think this is wishful thinking on Biden's part.  His party is going to get routed in 2022, and while there might be some minor disagreement among Republicans as to what they are voting FOR, everyone is very clear as to what hey are voting AGAINST.

As for Cheney and Romney, I think they are surprised that Trump continues to have legs after his fall.

75,000,000 people were very confident as to what they were voting against this past election.  Only a few of us realized that there was a concern that the general election would be corrupt; the DEMS did their trial run during the 2018 midterms. That was a clear warning shot and few paid attention; certainly the RNC FAILED to recognize the blatant threat,  or better yet, looked the other way.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 10:02:29 pm »
I certainly hope it's a revolution; time to stop doing the same-old, same-old.  It hasn't gotten us anywhere but more and more radicalized democrats.