Author Topic: Biden Administration Won’t Allow National Day Of Prayer To Be Held At US Capitol This Year  (Read 433 times)

Offline libertybele

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 888mouth 888mouth 888mouth   He's such a good Catholic!  *****rollingeyes*****

I certainly will be praying extra prayers for our country tomorrow! Joe can kiss my sweet grits!

Biden Administration Won’t Allow National Day Of Prayer To Be Held At US Capitol This Year

For the first time in years, no prayer service would be conducted at the U.S. Capitol as one evangelical leader from a Christian group was reportedly denied use of the venue.

According to Christian Headlines, after his request to host this year's National Day of Prayer at the Capitol building on Thursday, May 6, 2021, was refused, the Rev. Patrick Mahoney, director of the Christian Defense Coalition, said that "free speech is in danger today" in America.

He tweeted: "After our permit was denied, for the first time in 70 years, there will be NO PUBLIC witness at the U.S. Capitol Building for the National Day Of Prayer! Brothers and sisters, free speech is in danger today in America."

Mahoney asserted in a statement obtained by Charisma News that he would guarantee that the "People's House" is restored to the American people for the sake of exercising their First Amendment rights.

"It is deeply troubling for the first time in 70 years, there will not be a public prayer service at the United States Capitol Building on the National Day of Prayer," he said. "Every American needs to be asking the question, 'How is it possible to have public prayer prohibited at the Capitol on the National Day of Prayer?'-especially when it is a national observance designated by Congress."

He went on to add that the United States Capitol Building, dubbed the "People's House," must be a place that all Americans can openly enjoy and express their First Amendment rights, and that it's a shame that those rights and freedoms are being ignored and prohibited.

"I will continue to work to ensure the 'People's House' is returned to the people and the First Amendment is once again celebrated and honored at the United States Capitol," Mahoney concluded in the statement..............

https://www.christianitydaily.com/articles/11715/20210504/biden-administration-won-t-allow-national-day-of-prayer-to-be-held-at-us-capitol-this-year.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Of course,  Biden has no clue what's going on. I doubt he has any issues with the day of prayer, personally. Those who actually call the shots in this administration hate God with the heat of a thousand burning suns, I suspect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

Trump should invite Rev. Patrick Mahoney to Mar-a-Lago for the day.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

Who's surprised. Those running DC are the antithesis of righteous, God help us.

Offline libertybele

Who's surprised. Those running DC are the antithesis of righteous, God help us.

God help us indeed.   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Of course,  Biden has no clue what's going on. I doubt he has any issues with the day of prayer, personally. Those who actually call the shots in this administration hate God with the heat of a thousand burning suns, I suspect.

Before the actual swearing in of Joe and Kamel, Glenn Beck showed documents on his website of proposed bills/documents circulating among Biden's transition team suggesting suppressing and eliminating religious freedom. Joe knows exactly what's going on, or at least Kamel is mentally aware of this. I don't know what has become of the documents, but certainly using the pandemic is a really weak excuse.  Praying spreads the virus?  Forbidding those to participate in church services or gathering in church because of the pandemic was shameful and only a way IMHO to prevent large groups of conservative Christians to gather and 'plan' to save religious freedom or to discuss the state of our country.  Virtual church services were the alternative, but I think we need to realize it prevented large groups of people from communicating and sharing their ideas as to what is truly going on.

White conservative, gun toting Christians are whom they want to eliminate!