Author Topic: Where was the margarita invented?  (Read 332 times)

Online libertybele

Where was the margarita invented?
« on: May 05, 2021, 07:25:48 pm »
Yumm  (I wish I could still indulge) ... I love scotch but a strong margarita is wonderful!

Where was the margarita invented?

While there are hundreds, if not thousands, of cocktails known around the world, few are as popular as the margarita.

It’s sort of the grande dame of cocktails, particularly in America.

60% of Americans allegedly list the tequila-based concoction as one of their favorite cocktails over the daiquiri (44%), pina colada (36%), Long Island iced tea (33%) and mojito (29%), according to a 2016 consumer report by Nielsen CGA............

.............But just where was the margarita invented?

The origin of the drink — which traditionally consists of tequila, Cointreau and lime juice — is sketchy, as its history is shrouded in so much mystery that it depends on who you ask.

The more dubious version of the margarita’s origin story is that it was first served by a bartender in Galveston, Texas, to singer Peggy Lee in the 1940s, National Geographic reported. He supposedly named it Margarita, the Spanish version of Margaret, of which the traditional nickname is Peggy.

Then there’s the theory that the margarita was actually invented by Texas socialite Margaret Sames, who claimed she concocted the drink at a house party in Acapulco in 1948, according to Smithsonian Magazine............

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/where-was-the-margarita-invented
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dancer

Re: Where was the margarita invented?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 11:21:41 am »
I have no idea, but I like mine frozen with extra salt.  Who's buying?