Author Topic: Obama Rips Bible, Praises Koran  (Read 526 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Rips Bible, Praises Koran
« on: May 05, 2021, 04:01:44 pm »

Obama Rips Bible, Praises Koran

Ben Shapiro6 Feb 201516,183

On Thursday, at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., President Obama blithely informed his audience that Christians ought not get on their “high horse” about the problem of radical Islam:

Unless we get on our high horse and think that this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ. So it is not unique to one group or one religion. There is a tendency in us, a simple tendency that can pervert and distort our faith.

This is historically and philosophically illiterate. Historically speaking, the Crusades were a response to Islamic aggression in Europe and the Middle East; the Inquisition, as Jonah Goldberg points out while quoting historian Thomas Madden, director of the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies at Saint Louis University, was designed to regularize executions rather than leaving them to the will of the masses. Christians undoubtedly pursued horrible brutalities against people, including innocent Jews. However, as Goldberg points out, “Christianity, even in its most terrible days, even under the most corrupt popes, even during the most unjustifiable wars, was indisputably a force for the improvement of man.”

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/02/06/obama-rips-bible-praises-koran/

Offline LMAO

Re: Obama Rips Bible, Praises Koran
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 04:15:46 pm »
What Mr. Obama seems to be forgetting is that Christianity has evolved whereas Islam still is operating  in the mindset of the Crusade era
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 04:50:14 pm »
What Mr. Obama seems to be forgetting is that Christianity has evolved whereas Islam still is operating  in the mindset of the Crusade era
:thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 05:15:23 pm »
I thought this "high horse" story sounded familiar.  This article is over six years old.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 05:17:58 pm »
I thought this "high horse" story sounded familiar.  This article is over six years old.

I heard him say it when he was president but I thought he said it again
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

BassWrangler

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 05:18:38 pm »
@rangerrebew why are you posting this article from 2015? Is there some current significance to it?