Author Topic: Exit is Nigh for Liz Cheney  (Read 749 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exit is Nigh for Liz Cheney
« on: May 05, 2021, 01:32:49 pm »
Exit is Nigh for Liz Cheney

Events are forcing a likely end to House leadership for the Trump-hostile scion of a Republican dynasty.
May 5, 2021|

12:00 am
Curt Mills

Sweeping things under the rug has become something of a forte for Kevin McCarthy.

Six years ago, the Bakersfield, California Congressman was a vote away from the speakership, when John Boehner, now a cannabis lobbyist and wry memoirist, was forced from power. McCarthy was poised to wield the gavel when innuendo (never proved) that he had carried on an affair with a fellow member likely did in his bid. He stayed on as party leader and has held on for grim death ever since.

McCarthy watched as Donald Trump, someone he was recorded as saying that he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin paid, “I swear to God,” seized the presidency. He watched as Paul Ryan’s speakership floundered as surely as had his vice presidential bid years prior, flattened by an underwhelming Obamacare alternative. With Ryan out of the picture, he became the last of “the young guns” in power.

Never as ideological as the now-Fox News board member or Eric Cantor, the defrocked former majority leader, McCarthy became buddies with President Trump.

He was even briefly considered for White House chief of staff. McCarthy took command of his caucus when the GOP ceded the House to Nancy Pelosi. And McCarthy set what has become his party’s course in the wake of the Jan. 6 riots: rejection of the violence, acknowledgement of Trump’s irresponsibility in their run-up, but in tandem, a rejection of the second impeachment attempt as as well the efforts by some Democrats to turn the security state on the American people. 

more
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/exit-is-nigh-for-liz-cheney/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Exit is Nigh for Liz Cheney
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 01:45:02 pm »
The GOP needs new leadership, period.  McCarthy, Cheney, McConnell and McDaniel ALL need to go.  Now.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 04:53:13 pm »
The GOP needs new leadership, period.  McCarthy, Cheney, McConnell and McDaniel ALL need to go.  Now.
Sure, let's get more dizzy Trumpsters in positions of power. Let's continue the wrecking job that Trump started leaving Dems in control for the next few decades or more. Great idea. :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 07:13:23 pm »
Sure, let's get more dizzy Trumpsters in positions of power. Let's continue the wrecking job that Trump started leaving Dems in control for the next few decades or more. Great idea. :whistle:

Rah rah rah!  GOPe always wins!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:10:13 pm »
Rah rah rah!  GOPe always wins!!
Better the current Pubbies than the dopes Trump wants.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:16:46 pm »
Better the current Pubbies than the dopes Trump wants.

So you're cool with Romney then, right? Bet you were a rabid fan of Honest John McCain too?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 08:19:40 pm »
Sure, let's get more dizzy Trumpsters in positions of power. Let's continue the wrecking job that Trump started leaving Dems in control for the next few decades or more. Great idea.

Why do you insist on advertising how ill-informed you are @goatprairie

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 09:14:27 pm »
What did McCarthy in was his known status as a RINO.

How the hell RINO Ryan took his place is a mystery.

Well, not really.  The GOP-e is extremely corrupt.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 09:50:21 pm »
She really needs to go.  Quite honestly, every republican who voted to impeach President Trump needs to go; the only question is how to do it in a way that's orderly and doesn't just give the democrats opportunities to steal more seats.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 10:30:03 pm »
She really needs to go.  Quite honestly, every republican who voted to impeach President Trump needs to go; the only question is how to do it in a way that's orderly and doesn't just give the democrats opportunities to steal more seats.
Yep. All these brainstems proved was how out of touch they are with most of their voter base.

Which describes pretty much all of the GOPe BTW.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 10:32:29 pm »
Let's see if the Pubbies really have the gumption to remove Cheney.
I reckon it's about 50-50 right now.

IF they demote her, and make a good show while doing it, I'm wondering if she'll "take the hint" and decline to run again come 2022...?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 02:15:49 am »

Well, almost.

Not only ever "Republican" who voted to impeach the Evil Orange Mean Tweeter, but every Rodent, too.

And by go, I mean they should start the long swim to China.

From Portland, Maine.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 02:16:48 am »

IF they demote her, and make a good show while doing it, I'm wondering if she'll "take the hint" and decline to run again come 2022...?

No.  RINOs are incredibly stupid.   They don't realize the media only has their back when they're useful.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 07:10:33 am »

Polls in WY indicate a huge percentage would vote for anyone but her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis