Author Topic: Our Country Was Founded by Geniuses, but It's Being Run by Idiots  (Read 728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 5, 2021
Our Country Was Founded by Geniuses, but It's Being Run by Idiots
By J.B. Shurk

The eminently quotable Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana said sometime back: "Our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots."  I heartily agree, and the problem is not self-correcting. 

The principles behind the formation of America's government were and are exquisite, but the American government, like all forms of government, is corrupt as hell.  This isn't an extraordinary statement.  Exquisite things often break, and even the noblest of institutions become distorted over time until the original purposes for their creation are eclipsed (and often contradicted) by the personal motives of the men running those institutions into the ground. 

This phenomenon is apparent anywhere there is power.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/05/our_country_was_founded_by_geniuses_but_its_being_run_by_idiots.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Our Country Was Founded by Geniuses, but It's Being Run by Idiots
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 02:22:30 am »
That was always understood to be what was going to happen.   It didn't take long, either.  They passed the Alien and Sedition Act, and President Adams signed it, making dissent illegal.   John Adams was only the second president we'd had.

He wasn't an idiot, but he allowed idiot things to happen.

The Left has been attacking the Constitution since the day it was ratified, before even there was a term describing "Left" and "Right".

Idiots gave us the Civil War.

Idiots gave us the Spanish American War.

Idiots put us into WWI.

Idiots put us into WWII (those idiots were Japanese...)

And I thought never in my life would I ever see a worse idiot than Carter....I've lived too long, and I'm only 60.

But what's really sad, the saddest thing of all, is how America's parents have allowed their kids, generation after generation, to be taught less and less how to be a citizen and more and more how to be good little fascist robots.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 02:29:21 am »
That was always understood to be what was going to happen.   It didn't take long, either.  They passed the Alien and Sedition Act, and President Adams signed it, making dissent illegal.   John Adams was only the second president we'd had.

The Left has been attacking the Constitution since the day it was ratified, before even there was a term describing "Left" and "Right".

Idiots put us into WWI.

And I thought never in my life would I ever see a worse idiot than Carter....I've lived too long, and I'm only 60.

But what's really sad, the saddest thing of all, is how America's parents have allowed their kids, generation after generation, to be taught less and less how to be a citizen and more and more how to be good little fascist robots.

:yowsa:  Sad but true.

Jean Jaques Rousseau should be very proud of what he has wrought /S
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 03:02:46 am »
Idiots put us into WWI.
-----------------------------------
Certainly our Founders were Men of honor and integrity, yet were hardly geniuses.
Greece and Rome, birthed Western Civilization and endured for 1,200 years.
Their record of achievement is, de facto, one of unsurpassed genius!!!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 04:25:18 am »
You get more of what you vote *FOR*

No surprise.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 08:46:46 am »
-----------------------------------
Certainly our Founders were Men of honor and integrity, yet were hardly geniuses.
Greece and Rome, birthed Western Civilization and endured for 1,200 years.
Their record of achievement is, de facto, one of unsurpassed genius!!!

Right.

Sure.

Benjamin Franklin, the first American scientist, wasn't a genius.

Thomas Jefferson, he wasn't a genius.

The Constitution, it wasn't the product of James Madison, genius.

The only genius in America was clearly Wile E. Coyote, and he was In Genius.

Greece....destroyed itself in a series of wars, culminating in the Peloponnesian War that bankrupted the Athenian Empire and spelled the end of the Golden Age.    It was all downhill for Greece from there.   

Rome.   They were good at building bridges and roads and aqueducts.   Failed to keep up with the times.   Technology basically stagnated under the Romans.   Their "genius" lay in the process of continuous expansion and raiding to keep the capital cities economy supported.    That kind of mercantilism broke the First British Empire.   Geniuses broke that one up.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:50:49 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 03:25:30 pm »
Right.
Sure.
Benjamin Franklin, the first American scientist, wasn't a genius.
Thomas Jefferson, he wasn't a genius.
The Constitution, it wasn't the product of James Madison, genius.
The only genius in America was clearly Wile E. Coyote, and he was In Genius.
Greece....destroyed itself in a series of wars, culminating in the Peloponnesian War that bankrupted the Athenian Empire and spelled the end of the Golden Age.    It was all downhill for Greece from there.   
Rome.   They were good at building bridges and roads and aqueducts.   Failed to keep up with the times.   Technology basically stagnated under the Romans.   Their "genius" lay in the process of continuous expansion and raiding to keep the capital cities economy supported.    That kind of mercantilism broke the First British Empire.   Geniuses broke that one up.
-----------------------
It's an opinion forum, so all are entitled no matter how goofy.
Repeating Franklin, Jefferson and Madison we wise and honorable Men who birthed us.
Greece and Rome endured for 12 centuries creating Western Civilization along the way.
In case you haven't noticed, nothing of this world, NOTHING, is eternal.
Technology did not exist in Ancient times and the Great War destroyed the British Empire.
Later, the Medieval Scholastics told us;
"Man sees as far as he does because he is able to climb the sides and perch on the
massive shoulders of the Ancients, the wisest ever created by the Almighty." whose unsurpassed achievements in Art, Architecture, Literature, Science, among dozens of disciplines, fill the Britannica.
In the mid-18th century, England embarked on its great Empire Creation venture.
By the end of Victoria's Reign, the Union-Jack was unfurled over some 55% of the World,
an astonishing achievement.
Edward Gibbon, in his magisterial "Decline and Fall of Rome", identified the cause
and effect that  permitted Rome to ascend the pinnacle and then lose sight of its
purpose and vision. It was a road map for the English ruling Class.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:44:08 pm by Absalom »

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 06:45:22 pm »
-----------------------
It's an opinion forum, so all are entitled no matter how goofy.

You are entitled to express stupid opinions, and so we've seen.

You're not entitled to creative facts.

Greece as a world power lasted less than 200 years.

Rome's experiment as a republic lasted about 500 years, and that was without modern communications to speed the pace of change like today.

America isn't over yet.  There's still a very good chance of the nation decorating the light posts and bridges with the swaying corpses of annoying Rodents.   It will be a glorious day in American history, the creation of that much bird food.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 09:36:37 pm »
You are entitled to express stupid opinions, and so we've seen.
You're not entitled to creative facts.
Greece as a world power lasted less than 200 years.
Rome's experiment as a republic lasted about 500 years, and that was without modern communications to speed the pace of change like today.
America isn't over yet.  There's still a very good chance of the nation decorating the light posts and bridges with the swaying corpses of annoying Rodents.   It will be a glorious day in American history, the creation of that much bird food.
---------------
To the Briefing Room Moderator.
Hardly seeking sympathy here yet would appreciate it if you would read, reflect and
react to my retort to this abusive Sled Dog character.
------------------------------------
Up front, I resent being called stupid, a slander.
The timelines for Ancient Greece and Rome, my initial point, are below:
Greece endured from 800 BC until 146 BC, a span of 654 years,
Rome endured from 753 BC until 476 AD, a span of 1,229 years.
These are the facts of history, validated by the researchers at the Britannica.
Since my time in the Classics Dept. at Trinity in Dublin, accurate timelines
were a test of the veracity of a lecturer and mandatory for tenure.
You would have lasted less than an hour, if that.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:40:45 am by Absalom »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 09:56:40 pm »
------------------------------------
Up front, I resent being called stupid, a slander.

Imagine that. So do many others here.