Author Topic: 'I Have Embarrassed Myself And My Party': Texas Democratic Official Resigns After Calling Tim Scott  (Read 336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I Have Embarrassed Myself And My Party': Texas Democratic Official Resigns After Calling Tim Scott An 'Oreo'

Autumn Klein
Contributor
May 04, 2021 3:31 PM ET

Democratic Party Chairman Gary O’Connor of Lamar County in Texas resigned Tuesday after facing backlash for calling Republican South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott an “oreo.”

O’Connor called the senator the racially derogatory term following Scott’s rebuttal to President Joe Biden’s joint address to congress Wednesday for the Republican party.

“I had hoped that Scott might show some common sense, but it seems clear he is little more than an oreo with no real principles,” O’Connor wrote.

O’Connor faced backlash from fellow Texas politicians, including Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, who called the comments “disgusting, hateful, and completely unacceptable” and demanded his resignation.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/04/texas-democrat-party-leader-gary-oconnor-tim-scott-oreo-resigns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Gee, the one DEM that seems to still have a shred of integrity left, resigns.  How unfortunate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Gee, the one DEM that seems to still have a shred of integrity left, resigns.  How unfortunate.

So long as they're out of office, I don't care how they get there.

They are all slime.

All of them.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Never apologize.  Take your lumps but stand by your stupidity.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

He may have a shred of integrity but he’s not very bright - everyone knows it’s impossible to embarrass the rat party.